back to back on Century?

LynandBill

After 14 cruises we are thinking of trying b to b on the Century, 5 night Western and 4 night Eastern. This would be a first for us. We really like the pictures of the refurbished ship but 4 or 5 night cruises are to short for us. Here are a few questions we are hoping someone can help us with. Do we have to disembark after the first cruise? If so for how long ? Are the perks,wine blending etc...the same for shorter cruises? Do these cruises count as 2 cruise credits? Are the shows the same? Do we get assigned the same dinner table for both cruises? Is there a time frame between the cruises that we are not able to use our cruise cards?

Thanks,

Bill and Lyn

Do we have to disembark after the first cruise? If so for how long ?

We were requested to get off at 9:00 am. On the last segment ending Feb 1st, Century was three hours late. I don't know when people were allowed back on. The ship needs to be cleared by immigration. We were allowed back on an hour later one time, 90 minutes later the second time.

Are the perks,wine blending etc...the same for shorter cruises?
NO! Only one wine blending in our B2B2B. No officers party; Bridge tour for a limited number of elites.
Do these cruises count as 2 cruise credits?
One for each segment, double if you pay concierge rates.
Are the shows the same?
Mostly. Expect the same comic, at least one production show repeated... there are 3 different shows in a 2 week cycle.
Do we get assigned the same dinner table for both cruises?
Maybe. You can ask to be assigned but a large group booking may prevent you sitting in a desirable area.
Is there a time frame between the cruises that we are not able to use our cruise cards?
I don't know what you mean by this one.. if you are in the same cabin you will be assigned a different "key" for reboarding. Shops and bars are closed for several hours so no charges can be made on your account.

We were amazed how different the passenger mix was on the three cruises. They were all enjoyable and the price was so low that we were impressed by most of the experience.

We were requested to get off at 9:00 am. On the last segment ending Feb 1st, Century was three hours late. I don't know when people were allowed back on. The ship needs to be cleared by immigration. We were allowed back on an hour later one time, 90 minutes later the second time.

NO! Only one wine blending in our B2B2B. No officers party; Bridge tour for a limited number of elites.

One for each segment, double if you pay concierge rates.

Mostly. Expect the same comic, at least one production show repeated... there are 3 different shows in a 2 week cycle.

Maybe. You can ask to be assigned but a large group booking may prevent you sitting in a desirable area.

I don't know what you mean by this one.. if you are in the same cabin you will be assigned a different "key" for reboarding. Shops and bars are closed for several hours so no charges can be made on your account.

We were amazed how different the passenger mix was on the three cruises. They were all enjoyable and the price was so low that we were impressed by most of the experience.

Thanks for the quick response. We are debating between the B2B or a 7 night on the Millennium. We have sailed on the Summit and Constellation and loved Celebrity. Can't wait until the new ships come out. Bill

Go for it. We did it in Nov/Dec last yar and loved it. We had to wait a bit to get back on board but it was not unpleasant. Just chatted with the other B2B'ers. It has a lot of advantages over a 7 nighter. Ten days vs. 7. 2 credits vs. 1. Getting to relax while others are packing. Getting to know the crew a bit better.

Tell the Asst. M'd that you will be returning and tell him your preferneces. If possible you will be accomodated.

The repeated shows are not a detriment. Some of them are worth repeating.

We are already booked on back-to-back cruises on Century in April. I was wondering about reservations in Murano. It is our first cruise, so I understand that we cannot make reservations until we are on the ship. Does anyone know whether, after we board for the first cruise, we can then make reservations for Murano for a night on the second cruise?

We are already booked on back-to-back cruises on Century in April. I was wondering about reservations in Murano. It is our first cruise, so I understand that we cannot make reservations until we are on the ship. Does anyone know whether, after we board for the first cruise, we can then make reservations for Murano for a night on the second cruise?

That's what we did last month. As long as all the reservations are not taken it should not be a problem. Just go there right after boarding. You'll pass through security on deck 5, walk a few steps to the front of the ship, you'll see the counter for guest relations, turn left and you'll see Murano's.

That's what we did last month. As long as all the reservations are not taken it should not be a problem. Just go there right after boarding. You'll pass through security on deck 5, walk a few steps to the front of the ship, you'll see the counter for guest relations, turn left and you'll see Murano's.

Thanks for the clear instructions! That's exactly what I'll do!

Hi, I thought all the ports she does now are considered

Western.

Cozumel, Grand Caymen, Key West and Jamaica......

What Eastern ports are there?

You're right, it's not Eastern. I'm looking at the printout now and it's 5 night Western(Miami, sea, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, sea, Miami) 1/26/08 to 1/31/08 then 4 Night Gulf of Mexico (Miami, Key West, Cozumel, sea ,Miami) 1/31/08 to 2/4/08.

Hi

We were back to back on the 4 day 5 day (along with C2) and I have posted my review on Cruise Critic and it covers many of the questions posed on this thread.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=25252.

Les

Thank you, Les, for your insightful and revealing review. You answered a number of questions I was wondering about (like whether you get a new key and new account, even if you're booked in the same room) and brought up some things that hadn't even occurred to me, like the prevalence of a younger, rowdier crowd on the 4-day than on the 5-day segments. I am also surprised that you don't necessarily keep the same table assignment. We are scheduled to do a 4-day followed by a 5-day, just as you did, and it's very helpful to know some more of what to expect.

Archived