Future Cruise Booking while onboard

jerseygirl3

Does Celebrity do future cruise bookings while onboard? If so, is there a decreased deposit? Is the deposit refundable and how long is it good for? Must you name a specific cruise, or can you change it? Is there a shipboard credit, and if so, how much for a 10 day cruise in a Concierge Class balcony cabin?

Does Celebrity do future cruise bookings while onboard? yes

If so, is there a decreased deposit? no

Is the deposit refundable and how long is it good for? yes, up to x number of days out (not sure what that is

Must you name a specific cruise, or can you change it? yes and no

Is there a shipboard credit, and if so, how much for a 10 day cruise in a Concierge Class balcony cabin? $200? (I am not sure about this, certainly not any less)

Only one note to add to the above.

You must select a cruise and place a deposit but you can change it down the road and move your on-board credit to the new booking as long as your TA makes sure you keep your same booking ID.

I just called Celebrity. They said it would be a $100 pp shipboard credit. The rep at Celebrity also said I could make the reservation now and when I am onboard the Century in April, to just give the onboard booking agent my reservation number and I will be entitled to the shipboard credit for the Constellation cruise. I questioned the reservationist at Celebrity whether this was correct. She said it was absolutely no problem to make the reservation now and still get the onboard credit when we are onboard the Century (of course, the shipboard credit would be applied to the Constellation cruise). Does this sound right? She said that way I could lock in at today's rate (which was quite good for a Concierge Class cabin) and she said there were only 5 cabins left in that class so I shouldn't wait.

It sounds like a good idea.....try it...the most that could happen is that you would have to book again....did you get a name to use just in case the person on board doesn't honour the promise.

I just put a deposit on a future cruise while on Zenith - 19th-29th of January....I cannot cruise again till 2009 - due to other cruises already planned - and the gal said that I can move the booking once to another sailing of my choice and still retain the OBC. She booked me on Journey in the class of cabin that I wanted. I know that I will not sail on Journey next April, 2008.....so I have until final payment for that sailing to change it.

A pretty good deal. She wrote down her name and position title just in case of dispute.

I'd like to try one of the larger Celebrity ships...so far have only been on Century, Infinity, Island, Summit and twice on Zenith. I believe the Millie and Connie are larger....but I digress....

Good luck with your future booking..it's a great opportunity.

I just called Celebrity. They said it would be a $100 pp shipboard credit. The rep at Celebrity also said I could make the reservation now and when I am onboard the Century in April, to just give the onboard booking agent my reservation number and I will be entitled to the shipboard credit for the Constellation cruise. I questioned the reservationist at Celebrity whether this was correct. She said it was absolutely no problem to make the reservation now and still get the onboard credit when we are onboard the Century (of course, the shipboard credit would be applied to the Constellation cruise). Does this sound right? She said that way I could lock in at today's rate (which was quite good for a Concierge Class cabin) and she said there were only 5 cabins left in that class so I shouldn't wait.

This seems new to me. I have alway had to initiate the next cruise onboard..............but if the information is true...........it sounds like anyone can book with the shore ops at Celebrity and have the credit applied while onboard on the next cruise.

Rick

Does Celebrity do future cruise bookings while onboard? If so, is there a decreased deposit?

$250 pp for 7 night cruises to $450 pp for 8 + night cruises.

Is the deposit refundable and how long is it good for?

Should you decide to cancel your reservation, this deposit is fully refundable_until_70_days_prior_to_cruise_sailing_date (90 days for holiday sailings & Xpeditions). (Deposit & Cancellation Policy on International bookings may vary for different countries and are handled directly through your Travel Agent).

Must you name a specific cruise, or can you change it?

You usually will book a specific cruise and may change it later. Be sure to keep the same booking number to keep the onboard booking credit. You may be able to book an unspecified cruise if the schedule is not out yet for a date far ahead.

Is there a shipboard credit, and if so, how much for a 10 day cruise in a Concierge Class balcony cabin?

$50 for 3-5 night Cruises; $100 for 6-8 night Cruises; $200 for 9+ night Cruises For all types of cabins.

jerseygirl3,

I just called Celebrity. They said it would be a $100 pp shipboard credit.

It's actually $100 per cabin for shorter cruises (8 days or less IIRC) and $200 per cabin for longer cruises (9 nights or more IIRC). The fact that it's "per cabin" rather than half the amount "per person" is very significant for those of us who "fly solo"....

The rep at Celebrity also said I could make the reservation now and when I am onboard the Century in April, to just give the onboard booking agent my reservation number and I will be entitled to the shipboard credit for the Constellation cruise. I questioned the reservationist at Celebrity whether this was correct. She said it was absolutely no problem to make the reservation now and still get the onboard credit when we are onboard the Century (of course, the shipboard credit would be applied to the Constellation cruise). Does this sound right? She said that way I could lock in at today's rate (which was quite good for a Concierge Class cabin) and she said there were only 5 cabins left in that class so I shouldn't wait.

I don't know, but I certainly will inquire on my next cruise.

Don't forget that the onboard booking credit is fully combinable with both the Captain's Club discount ("upgrade") and the shareholder credit.

Norm.

Archived