Best Mariner AFt Cabin

What is the best Mariner aft Cabin in the E1 Category.

I am currently looking at 9690 which is a corner aft and 9692 right next to it.

I read that 9690 balcony is smaller than the rest but 9692 might be partially obstructed.

So I need your help

thanks

mark

DH and I always book our cruises a year ahead of time. The reason? Because we love those aft, corner cabins. The view from the back as well as the side, the privacy, etc. are what we look forward to. Only one cabin adjacent to you, not on both sides. Typically a quiet hallway, or in the case of the Millie which we just sailed, your own 20' private hallway, and then entryway to your cabin door.:p

You will not go wrong with any of these cabins 9390 will have a smaller balcony but only one neighbor on the other hand 9692 have two neighbor but a much larger balcony we had both cabins and like them, on our up coming cruise next aug we took 9692 for the larger balcony.

thanks for the tips.... I will have to ask my brother which one he wants...it is so hard to tell looking at the brochure and while the pics on this board helped, I was looking for a first hand experience.

Because this their first cruise (and probablly only) I will recommend the one with the larger balcony

thanks again

anyone else?

Just returned from Cabin 9392. I would recommend this over the corner cabin. We never noticed the neighbors on our right side, and our balcony was nice and roomy. And, if I remember correctly, the corner cabin only had an open/shut door, not sliding doors. Our view wasn't really obstructed, I can email you a photo if you like. You just couldn't see straight down into the water, but you had a clear view if looking straight out.

Tammy

thanks for the tips.... I will have to ask my brother which one he wants...it is so hard to tell looking at the brochure and while the pics on this board helped, I was looking for a first hand experience.

Because this their first cruise (and probablly only) I will recommend the one with the larger balcony

thanks again

anyone else?

Hey Tammy I have this cabin booked for an upcoming cruise and was told that it had sun and shade can you confirm that for me.. the cabin i wanted on deck 10 was not available (had lots of shade) and rather than go down to deck 7 which i know had shade I chose this one I know it will be sunny sometimes but was there a shady spot most of the time? I have been told it was a perfect mix of sun and shade just want to be sure and have a second confirmation of that.. thanks for your help....

Hey Tammy I have this cabin booked for an upcoming cruise and was told that it had sun and shade can you confirm that for me.. the cabin i wanted on deck 10 was not available (had lots of shade) and rather than go down to deck 7 which i know had shade I chose this one I know it will be sunny sometimes but was there a shady spot most of the time? I have been told it was a perfect mix of sun and shade just want to be sure and have a second confirmation of that.. thanks for your help....

I agree completely. At one point in the afternoon, we came back from an excursion, and I laid out the lounge chair, and put the lower half in the sun (my legs), and the rest was shaded. Quite nice!

Tammy

thanks tamtot

if you could email me the photo that would be great

mtebor@msn.com

Just another quick question, how was the motion in the aft cabin?

thanks again

mark

The motion was noticeable on the first day, but after that it was fine.

Tammy

First night and last night of your cruise you will feel the most motion because you are still in the Atlantic Ocean inless you run into a storm in the Caribbean Sea later in the week.

That first night is sometimes when first time cruiser's freak saying like never again will I cruise. LOL After the first night though most change their minds.:D

Jimbo:)

mtebor:

We have to say 1694 (JS aft deck 10) is the best aft stateroom...it is worth the upgrade from an E in our opinion...have been in 1694 on three voyager class ships and love that stateroom...can even email you some pix if you wish!

V&M

Thank you everyone who posted and sent pics.

We have a winner........................Room 9692.........

My brother decided to go with the larger balcony.

One of the post that talked about motion due to the Atlantic Ocean has spurned my curiousity. If I remember correctly, when my wife didn't feel well is when we left Caracao....maybe that had something to do with it.

Thanks again....and only 17 more months to go!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I just read your post saying you thought cabin 1694 was the best aft cabin. I'm booked in 1394 right next door to 1694. Should be identical! I hope.!

I read another persons post saying that these rooms are noisy because the are joining rooms. Did you have any problems?

Thank you,

Maddie

• 1 month later...

Archived