Best Snorkeling in Nassau?

LSmith6546

Sorry, I found that it would be cutting it too close. We spent the extra money and went thru the cruise line. It was okay. A little expensive, but atleast we were sure we would be back. hth Jess

Thanks anyways! Anything you can tell me about the Sensation? Did you go on the 3 night or 4 night? We are on the 3 night. Was there still a formal night? Any recommendations about what to do/not to do while aboard?

Is there a certain time you have to be back to the ship? I see we are in port from 12p to 6am...

Thanks again for any info!

• 3 years later...

I've never snorkeled before so I don't have much to compare it to but this company was FABULOUS! It was the highlight of our cruise even though we both got a little sea sick. Mark took my boyfriend and I out on the 9:30am boat. Just us! It was like we were fancy rich people that could afford private excursions lol. Mark was knowlegable and didn't seem at all annoyed at all at our lack of experience and sea legs. (In my defense, the bf puking was what got me going and not the sea.) If I had to complain, and we're talking "gun to your head" you have to think of something negative to say, its only that the snorkle gear provided is not dry valve so you may get a mouth full of sea water (or six like my bf) on a sort of choppy day on the water if you're not careful. Otherwise, this was a great experience. Super easy to find! Although if you're going early and the Senor Frogs isn't open for you to cut across you'll have to walk a couple blocks around and through the BC Hilton lobby as the dock for this company is on their little beach. You can see the boats you'll be getting on from your cruise ship as it docks. We went to two different spots, the first a little shallow and a great place to get your "feet wet" to snorkeling. Mark had a good laugh with my bf at my initial reaction to putting my face down and instantly being a part of a school of fish. Then it was just a short ride to another area I think he called the Underwater Sea Garden or something like that. I really wish I could recall what he called it but it was so amazingly beautiful!! I don't think I'd ever been so amazed in my life. I now want to snorkel again and again and I can't imagine doing it with any other company in Nassau. Its also worth noting that you're supplied with water and possibly a soda and there is what he called a "dry cooler" for anything you don't want to get wet or leave bouncing around on the boat.

I also recommend Stuarts Cove. You can book them online and not thru the ship. Their boats have very easy entry and exit. They are great with beginners. We went with them in 2012 and will go again this November.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately the arrival and departure times for Cannibal Sensation makes it impossible to go with Stuarts Cove or Bahamas Divers snorkel tour. Bahamas Divers is only 10 minute taxi ride from the ship but they get back st 4:30 and the ship leaves at 5. I am very disappointed because we take this cruise for the snorkeling.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk