Star specialty restaurants

kcbmarek

We are cruising on the Star for our honeymoon July 7-14th. Out of all the speciality restaurants, what are the ones that we "must do". We sailed on the POA in May 2005 and did not take advantage of the speciality restaurants but have vowed that we will this time.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. :D

Le Bistro was wonderful (as it was on the Dawn twice and the Spirit) - the filet mignon was prepared perfectly and was incredibly tender. The mushroom soup was very good. And the chocolate fondue was scrumptious.

Teppanyaki was very good - I had the Taipan combination, which is filet mignon and jumbo shrimp. The fried rice was very good, the miso soup was good, the salad was okay. The food-preparation show by the chef can also be very entertaining.

Cagney's was excellent. I had the surf and turf, which costs a few dollars more than the regular surcharge. Again, the filet mignon was excellent and the half-lobster was good. The Cagney's menu offers an extensive variety of side dishes and you can pick and choose to your heart's content. If what you order doesn't all fit on your plate, they will serve the extras on a plate in the middle of the table - a plate that's designed to hold several different side dishes, each in its own compartment.

I would always choose Le Bistro if only doing one specialty dining room. Le Bistro has been part of NCL for about 10 years now. I beleive it was the first specialty dining experience offered on any ship. Next, if for no other reason than it's fun: I would do Teppanyaki. Everyone of them is worth trying, but these are my 2 favorites.

Nita

We ate at Soho twice, Teppanyaki twice and Le Bistro once on our last Star cruise. Loved them all, especially Soho, they had an awesome shrimp dish and I loved the atmosphere. I'm not a steak eater so didn't try Cagney's. For a honeymoon, Le Bistro is very quiet and romantic, so that should definitely be on your list.

Have a great time! :)

We are cruising on the Star for our honeymoon July 7-14th. Out of all the speciality restaurants, what are the ones that we "must do". We sailed on the POA in May 2005 and did not take advantage of the speciality restaurants but have vowed that we will this time.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. :D

My personal favorite on the Star is LaTrattoria. I wasn't that impressed by Endless Summer (Tex-mex).

Although I did not eat at Cagney's on the Star, I did so on her sister ship, the Dawn and loved it. I reccommend Cagneys on the first night at sea since it tends to be less crowded that night

Archived