What is it about Robes???

ckrobyn

I find your reference to our senior citizens downright offensive.

I manage a 129 suite retirement residence and not ONE of my residents wears a half open robe with houseshoes hanging off their feet.

Shame on you for suggesting that the seniors of our nation have no class.

You tell'em girl, If a few more people had the "class & manners" of our Seniors there would be no jeans in the dinning room or jammies in the WJ threads clogging up these boards!!

Well I will be different here and say that the whole robe thing is pretty stupid to me. If you want to walk around in a robe, bring one with you. A cruise isnt a visit to an old folks retirement home, and that is what you see everyone wearing there....a half open robe and houseshoes hanging off of their feet.

I would rather have a few more mints on my pillow than a robe.

So many people act like having a complimentary robe is some sort of "right" when they cruise. S-T-U-P-I-D.

If you don't like the topic of thread no one is forcing you to post on it. We LOVE the robes and enjoy them. If you don't, stay off the thread!!!!!

Robyn, this is a great thread and I so agree with you on our senior citizens. My mom is 75 and one of the classiest women around.

If you don't like the topic of thread no one is forcing you to post on it. We LOVE the robes and enjoy them. If you don't, stay off the thread!!!!!

Robyn, this is a great thread and I so agree with you on our senior citizens. My mom is 75 and one of the classiest women around.

I am a tolerant person and pride myself on that - BUT - I cannot tolerate when ignorant people (who have probably never set foot in a retirement home) start babbling on about something they know nothing about.

Like I said, I am the General Manager of a luxury retirement residence and I know firsthand how wonderful our seniors are - how much they have contributed and still contribute to our society. As far as I am concerned, it is all about respect - and that poster who stated all seniors are walking around retirement residences with half open robes clearly has no respect.

I think that is enough said on this subject. :o

Get Over It Already! It Was A Joke! For Goodness Sake, Get A Sense Of Humor!

And By The Way, The Topic Was "what Is It About Robes?" And I Was Giving My Opinion. I Am Entitled To My Opinion Just As Much As Anyone Else. I Think The Whole Thing About Obsessing Over Whether You Get A Robe Or Not Is Just Plain Stupid. You Have A Right To Disagree.

By The Way, I Am A Senior Citizen And I Wear Jeans To The Dining Rooms. If You Dont Like That Either, Ptttttttt!

Jeans Are Still More Respectable Than A Lousy Robe.

All Of You Are Spoiled Rotten.

Do You Still Respect Me? Afterall We Should Respect All Senior Citizens According To You And I Fall Into That Category.

And By The Way, The Topic Was "what Is It About Robes?" And I Was Giving My Opinion. I Am Entitled To My Opinion Just As Much As Anyone Else. I Think The Whole Thing About Obsessing Over Whether You Get A Robe Or Not Is Just Plain Stupid. You Have A Right To Disagree.

By The Way, I Am A Senior Citizen And I Wear Jeans To The Dining Rooms. If You Dont Like That Either, Ptttttttt!

Do You Still Respect Me? Afterall We Should Respect All Senior Citizens According To You And I Fall Into That Category.

According to your public profile, below is your birth date - senior? I think NOT. Nice try though.

Date of Birth:

November 4, 1956 Age:

'

If you consider yourself a senior citizen at age 50, then I really feel sorry for you. Just because you can join AARP at that age doesn't qualify you. I am 2 years younger than you and I don't plan to be a senior citizen for at least another 20 years.

Yes you have a right to your opinion but not a right to slander an entire group of people.

What is it about robes, you ask, well.......imho.........

Personally I do not care for the robes, never have and doubt I ever will. But glad to see it takes so little to make so many cruisers happy. I saw one lady wear her robe to the midnight buffet and I thought it was out of place, but that is just my opinion, and it did not ruin my cruise at all. She obviously had enough self confidence to wear it to the buffet, slippers too. I just gave her the benefit of the doubt, I figured her suitcases were lost, and after I saw her again in her robe several days later, I felt certain that indeeed her suitcases were lost. But one would think that after a few days, whe would have had someone go ashore at one of the ports and buy her something to wear.

I do enjoy having coffee on the balcony, and like to watch from the balcony as we leave the different ports, but I simply wear my pajamas or something like a lounging outfit, for me that is comfy.

We are Diamond members, but they give the robes to anyone, so I fail to see how that makes me or anyone else special.

Hope you ladies and gentlemen enjoy your robes, and may you always wear them in good health and in good taste. I have the attendant take ours away. So there are a couple more out there for someone that really enjoys and appreciates them.

Live and let live. As far as I know we only go around once, so enjoy it and don't let what others say or do affect you too much if at all.

Annieeee

I had double hernia surgery yesterday, so I have PLENTY of happy pills!!!!

Sue - best wishes for a speedy recovery! My DH had that surgery a few years back and all is well today! :)

While you are recovering, you will have lots of time to hang out on CC!!

Sue - best wishes for a speedy recovery! My DH had that surgery a few years back and all is well today! :)

While you are recovering, you will have lots of time to hang out on CC!!

Thanks for the good wishes Robyn, all I have been doing is CC since I really can't lift anything or do any housework (boo-hoo:D) And since I am a miniature artist the happy pills don't make for very steady hands.

If AARP says I am a senior citizen, then by gosh I am a senior citizen.

I truly do appreciate all of the replies though. Look for me when you are cruising. I am the devilishly handsome senior citizen in BLUE JEANS in the main dining room on FORMAL night. (I will be the guy not wearing a robe.)

Here is a thought...skip one cruise and use that money to buy about a hundred good quality robes. Wear em around your house...make sure you have them on as you sip coffee on the back porch and pretend you are on the balcony looking out at the high seas.

But please, make sure you have your houseshoes completely on.

Doesnt it irritate all of you that cruiselines are willing to take my money and let me cruise even though I am not a high-falootin snob like the rest of you and never wear a tuxedo and dont lounge around in a robe so that I can pretend I am rich?

Hahahahahaha.

And there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Your turn...................this is fun.:)

Thanks for the good wishes Robyn, all I have been doing is CC since I really can't lift anything or do any housework (boo-hoo:D) And since I am a miniature artist the happy pills don't make for very steady hands.

I actually had the same surgery MANY years ago - I was 4 and don't remember a thing :rolleyes:

Miniature artist? That sounds really neat - tell me exactly what you do?

Okay Annieeee, you made me feel bad. You are correct in all of your statements. I am truly a nice guy and meant absolutely no offense in my ill-advised statements about senior citizens. My mom is approaching 80 and I moved back in with her just to take care of her. My dad passed two years ago at 86. So I never meant to insult anyone. I wasnt thinking when I typed what I typed. I was trying to be funny and apparently I was anything but that.

I apologize to all of you.

Truce guys....wear your robes in good health. To each his own.

I bring my own robe, but i wear the RCCL robe when I get out of the shower. It looks ridiculous on me, it wraps around twice. I think we love them, because they don't belong to us, and we feel that somehow we've earned them by patronizing the cruiseline. Robes are popping up in all hotels these days also

Okay Annieeee, you made me feel bad. You are correct in all of your statements. I am truly a nice guy and meant absolutely no offense in my ill-advised statements about senior citizens. My mom is approaching 80 and I moved back in with her just to take care of her. My dad passed two years ago at 86. So I never meant to insult anyone. I wasnt thinking when I typed what I typed. I was trying to be funny and apparently I was anything but that.

I apologize to all of you.

Truce guys....wear your robes in good health. To each his own.

I extend my olive branch to you :)

Have a great cruise on the Navigator!

I actually had the same surgery MANY years ago - I was 4 and don't remember a thing :rolleyes:

Miniature artist? That sounds really neat - tell me exactly what you do?

Basically I paint toy soldiers, I have a bunch of different companies and private collectors that I paint for and since I have a studio in my house I can go to work in my robe. LOL

IMG_0310.jpg.cce8394991e16e7dbca894bc1e4d70ea.jpg

Basically I paint toy soldiers, I have a bunch of different companies and private collectors that I paint for and since I have a studio in my house I can go to work in my robe. LOL

Wow! You are a talented lady! :) I am useless when it comes to anything art - aside from just looking at it of course! I draw stick people and even they look BAD! Now...maybe if they were wearing a robe?? :rolleyes:

Hi Robyn!

I wish we would have known we could ask for Robes when we had our balcony stateroom. It would have been nice NOT to have to get all dressed just to go out on the Balcony each morning with our coffee.

I'm thinking that for our upcoming cruise with just an outside window, it won't be that important, and probably won't ask..

Count us amongst those who wear our Robes and slippers for a good half the day on weekends, though. :p

Hi Robyn!

I wish we would have known we could ask for Robes when we had our balcony stateroom. It would have been nice NOT to have to get all dressed just to go out on the Balcony each morning with our coffee.

I'm thinking that for our upcoming cruise with just an outside window, it won't be that important, and probably won't ask..

Count us amongst those who wear our Robes and slippers for a good half the day on weekends, though. :p

Hey there! I know - robes can be addictive for sure :rolleyes:

For me, it's now a must have on every cruise....which as I said before is a weird phenomenon because I never wear a robe around my house!

There IS something about sitting on the balcony in an RCI robe watching as your ship pulls out of port........pure bliss :)

I always THINK I want a robe on a cruise or in a nice hotel...but then I get it and I say...I don't even LIKE robes! :) But I'm sure I'll give it another try this cruise. I also tend to think the same about robes that I do about the bedspreads and other hotel/cruise items...I know they're washed but...germy grossness? ;)

Is anyone else thinking ROBE is a weirder and weirder word the more you read it? ;)

Archived