What is it about Robes???

ckrobyn

I always THINK I want a robe on a cruise or in a nice hotel...but then I get it and I say...I don't even LIKE robes! :) But I'm sure I'll give it another try this cruise. I also tend to think the same about robes that I do about the bedspreads and other hotel/cruise items...I know they're washed but...germy grossness? ;)

Is anyone else thinking ROBE is a weirder and weirder word the more you read it? ;)

I tend to agree with you. I think it's a nice touch, and it does give you that feel of, "Welcome, here is a gift for you", but I'm like you with not wanting to wear something that several other's have worn before me. Again, I bring my own. Remember though you can buy them and in that case you could get a new one that's your's only. I think they are like $50 bucks.

I have so many cruise robes, from various cruise lines...some have been gifts, some are complimentary and a few have been purchased by me...my favorite robe did not come from a cruise ship it came from Disney World Resorts...Cream colored silky material on the outside, with roll up sleeves and white silky colar. Terry cloth on the inside. Big deep pockets...just as comfortable as you can imagine...but too heavy to pack for a cruise and takes up too much room, as it is really plush...hence the reason that I have so many cruise ship robes.

Rev

ACKKKKKKK:eek: Now you have me thinking!! How about the WASHCLOTHS??

What did past passengers "wipe" up with the washcloths.....and we're going to wash our faces with them? EGADS!

I haven't seen the robes personally, but I'm thinking they are white, and if so, then they are likely washed like the other towels, washcloths, etc. - In commercial machines with scalding hot water, bleach, etc. So they are likely as sterile as you can get.

ACKKKKKKK:eek: Now you have me thinking!! How about the WASHCLOTHS??

What did past passengers "wipe" up with the washcloths.....and we're going to wash our faces with them? EGADS!

If this grosses you out you better not cruise, go to a hotel or even a hospital because every environment is going to have remnants of previous occupants there.

I like having a robe. I use one every day at home too. It has nothing to do with feeling special, and everything to do with being comfortable while I blow dry and style my hair and apply makeup. I don't want hair products and makeup to get on my clothing, and I don't want to sit around just in my undies while getting ready to dress after a shower. Robes have been provided on every cruise we have taken. They have always been freshly laundered too and I appreciate not having to pack one.

Hi fellow cruisers:

Listening to you guys I feel older than dirt. I live in what you might call a retirement community. Im 62. Well we played 268 rounds of golf last year,boocie, pickleball, did a cruise , and a few more things so I don't think we all run around in robes & slippers. My special place is THE VILLAGES FLORIDA.. While on the robe subject though, I think Royal Caribbean could furnish robes to their guests. Even Carnival, who we here about quite often places them in EVERY balcony cabin. We if you get attached to them they will cost you $48.00 BOB & NANCY The retirment home group of 62,000 with over 10,000 golf carts.:) :) :)

Archived