Grand Class Current Pool Info Please

Av8tor

In 2001 on the Golden, I was able to swim "laps" against the current in the Lotus Spa pool early in the morning. It was an "Adults Only" pool. They also had very soothing oriental music playing over the PA speakers in the area throughout the day. The workout and then relaxing in the sun all day, away from the noise and comotion of the main outdoor pool, convinced me to sail Princess again after trying RCCL and Celebrity.

In 2005 on the Sapphire, my experience was the same as before on the Golden. I was hooked on Princess now...

Last week on the Grand, I was somewhat dissappointed. The current pool was only open from 10 to 10 and was netted at other times. Children were allowed from 12 to 3. There was no music at all in the area.

Can any fellow cruisers fill me in with details about the Lotus Spa pool hours, rules, and ambiance on Grand class ships other than the Grand itself?

Your answers will be a big help in choosing my next Princess cruise...

Thanks and Happy Sailings,

Paul

We've sailed twice on the Golden, once on the Star, and once on the Grand. I think the spa pool was open 24/7 on all three ships--but it's been three years since our last Grand-class cruise and we did not swim late at night. We were up there early some mornings--before 10--and it was always open.

I remember the rules were relaxed for children like the OP reported during limited times. I don't remember any music.

Archived