Difference between cat. 11 and 12 on Legend

fgresko

when someone BUMPS a thread, it is in order to bring the thread closer to the top of the list... (so that it is seen by more potential responders)

this usually occurs when there has not been adequate response to a thread...

Tom

While I have never been on the Legend, it would be a carbon copy of any SPIRIT class ship.

I have stayed on the Pride - Cat 11 Aft Wrap-around #4228 - this cabin was a 3 room suite... OUTSTANDING - and it is my feeling that the aft corners (CAT 11's) are BETTER than the Cat 12's - with a nearly 40' balcony there is really a lot of room to kick back... though there is likely less "open" area in the cabin than in a 12 (due to the divided areas)... We only cruise in these AFT CORNERS when on Spirit class vessels... Keep in mind that these aft corner cabins will ONLY sleep TWO people... that is just the way it is... if you have 3 or more, and the added cost is not an issue, then go for a 12!

Here is a link to a VIRTUAL tour (look for CARNIVAL LEGEND in the list)... note that the CAT 11 that is shown is NOT the aft corner... as a spinning camera in no one area could capture the whole cabin...

[url="http://www.virtualtoursusa.com/galleryships.htm"]http://www.virtualtoursusa.com/galleryships.htm[/url]

(to top it all off - the Cat 11 will cost you less than the Cat 12!)

Cruise the LEGEND this THANKSGIVING!!!

Enjoy!

Tom

I agree with the wrap around balconies. I had #4228 on the Pride and Legend and they were great. I had a cat twelve on the Glory which is a Conquest class but the same basic layout and the room was nice but after having those wrap arounds, I was spoiled. I have some pics below of the wrap around balcony.

I'll be going this August on the Miracle in a cat 11 aft wrap around cabin. I understand it's forty feet long. How wide is it? Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it! Also, anything else I should know? I've never sailed Carnival before.

I am presently going through something that will help you. A cat 11 with a wrap around balcony is a great cabin to have although the cabin is a little smaller then a reg cat 11 the balcony is a plus. I booked a cat 11 with the wrap around balcony for my cruise on the Miracle Sept 5th. Since this cruise was overbooked I got bumped to the Legend out of New York and given a Cat 12. The cabin is very large 300 sq ft but no wrap around balcony BOO HOO

[quote name='dianfarmer'] Since this cruise was overbooked I got bumped to the Legend out of New York and given a Cat 12.[/QUOTE]
Did they simply bump you, or offer you the upgrade and you accepted. I'd hate to think I'm at risk for losing my wraparound next year from overbooking.

We have booked Cat 11 and Cat 12. There is really no difference in amenities. The only difference we have found is size. The Cat 11 are a little bit smaller. But be WARNED once you book a "Suite" you WILL be hooked.:D

Beg to differ re: being hooked. Had a 6A on Carnival triumph in 99. Got bumped to an 11 Spirit 01 and went back to a 4 (booked A got E) Victory this spring. Yes I loved the 11 but could never afford moe than a 6A and DD just could afford the 4A. I would rather an inside than no cruise.

Archived