Dance Dance Revolution

jobster71

I was reading about the DDR game and it sounded like fun. I went out today and bought DDR Supernova and have just spent the last 2 hours playing it with my 18 year old! It is a blast! I sure felt like I was getting a workout and I couldn't manage above beginner! I can't imagine what it's like when you get good at it.

So my time logged in today is 120 minutes.

My cruise is in 8 1/2 weeks so I've got to get busy. Thanks for the great idea!

Betsy

Hey Lizzietish... welcome! All I have to say is watch out! I can not believe how addicting this crazy game is. I can't believe you did 120 minutes.. That is awesome.Just watch out tomorrow...lol I had to take some advil after my first work out. I know what you mean by not being able to imagine being past a beginner. I did do a couple on the light version. The first one went well..... the second one made me go back to the first one. :) But I can see how we will get better with time! At least I hope. My kids think this is so funny... i think its a blast. I never sweat when I work out and I am just soaking after I get done with this.All I know is that I don't like to exercise and I can hardly wait to do this. Works for me. So when is your cruise date? I think youare sailing about a week earlier then me...Anyways... Its good to have you aboard. And I'm anxious to keep up with your progress on DDR. Hang in there and have a great time. KEEP ON DANCING!!

Robin

1 hour 15 minutes today!

Robin,

I am on the Inspiration on April 23. I am right with you on the not liking to exercise. One thing I like about DDR is the possibility that I might improve. My legs are a little sore today but I'm planning on doing some more. My son and I had a competition yesterday--I was on the dance mat and he was using the controller!! Not very fair but lots of fun. He was way better than I was!

Hey there LizzieTish, I didn't know you could use the controller... To bad my fingers don't need to lose weight.:rolleyes: Anyways, have you cruised before? This is our 4th cruise.. but the first one taking all of our kids. We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary onboard. We will be flying out of Montana on the 27th of april. We leave on the 26th though cause the airport is 4 hours away and we leave at 6:00 in the morning... I didn't get a chance to dance today:( Getting ready for a big shopping trip in about 6 hours. Had to get packed. Maybe I'll try one of the dancing games in the arcade! Ya right!! So don't worry if ya don't hear from me for a few days.. I'll be getting my exercising done thru shopping!! Talk to ya Sunday night! KEEP ON DANCING!!

Robin:)

You ladies are too funny...I love it too! I was looking at this thread last week and my son (10 years old) wanted to know why DDR was on my website. I told him and then he offered to teach me and show me how! So yes I have been dancing all week and I too am hooked. Lots of fun and my son is really impressed with my progress. I'm just now trying the Light stage and sweating like crazy!

I ended up getting about 40 mins in yesterday. My sister laughed at me when I told her I couldn't answer her phone call because I was in the middle of a song. No way was I losing points to answer the phone. I am still having to fight my kids off so I can get on. Hopefully they will tire of it before I do.

Robin, this is my 6th. We've done 3 with the kids, one just DH and I and one girls' cruise (mom and sis/sis-in-law). This one is just girls--sis-in-law/mother-in-law. It's my MIL's 70th birthday. I like cruising with the whole family best--my kids are preteen/teens and I just like having them around. It's lots of fun watching them enjoying themselves. Our kids are constantly bugging us to go on another cruise.

I'm so sorry I have been busy.

I was able to log in 35 mins yesterday.

I am planning on working out 45 mins today.

I really have to increase my time, and change my diet too:rolleyes:

But, I am loving DDR. I don't feel like a couch potato anymore.

Happy cruising!!!! April is not soon enough!!!!

Hello there fellow dancers!! I'm back from my big shopping trip. Boy, did I ever have fun. Got some fantasic deals!! They had a DDR game at the hotel but do you think I could ever get on it... There was always a big line for it. Oh well, had lots of stores to go through. I can't believe how many new people are catching on to this crazy game. My phone has been a buzz with people asking all sorts of questions about it. I haven't been on yet today, but I plan on dancing as soon as "Heroes" is over. It just makes me feel so good. I normally don't sweat very much and I can't believe how this game makes me sweat!!! Its awesome. So far since I've started his game 5 more pounds have come off which is really great. That makes my total weight loss of 35 pounds. But I had been stuck for 6 weeks with out losing any more. Dancing got me over the hump. FINALLY!! I was starting to get discouraged:mad: . I guess my body just needed a new exercise. So keep up the good work girls...and continue to fight your kids for the game...you'll be glad you did! Have a great evening.

Robin

I have been (substitute) teaching all week this week and have things going on in the evenings for 3 of the nights so I have not had a chance to get on DDR all week. I am hoping to be able to spend some time dancing tomorrow as soon as I have slept in really late!! A class of 4th graders can sure zap your energy!

BTW--I started on Weight Watchers the same time I started DDR and am down 3 lbs. in one week so something is working! I just have to keep it up!

Boy... where is everyone? Thought I would go ahead and post. Hopefully you guys are still dancing. This thing really works! I had been stuck for 6 weeks at the same weight.I was so discouraged. I even went to go see my dr. She said I wasn't eating enough. My body was in starvation mode. Wow.. I never thought I'd hear her say eat more. But I did what she said and i started my DDR. Well, since then I am down 8 pounds!! Yahoooo! What a long road though.. but it feels so wonderful. You guys have a great week and keep me posted.

Robin

fearnot...congrats on your weight loss...my daughter has a playstation 2 and my son has an x-box 360 which game would you recommend for which systems. i am not at all familiar with the systems as to what they do. any advice would be appreciated. thanks in advance, i think i would enjoy ddr

Hey there Laura,

I have never tryed the X-box. We only have the playstation 2. We have 2 of the games but I like the DDRMax2 the best. i started out on beginners level. I didn't see how I would ever be able to move up,but last night I got thru most of the light level... i was so excited. I didn't want to stop. Next thing I knew I had done 1 1/2 hours. This is so much fun. The cool thing is that tonight i came home and found my dh dancing! I thought I would crack up! He was just sweating like a pig. And he works out every morning playing Racketball.(next time I'm getting the video camera) I also noticed that your 25th anniversary is April 29th? Our 25th is April 30th. Are you doing anything special for the blessed event. We will be renewing our wedding vows on the Carnival Liberty in San Juan. With all 4 of our boys present and family members. I can't think of a better way to celebrate this wonderful day!Its good to have you on this thread... It gets kind of lonely once in a while here.

Robin :)

We just got this at Christmas for my DD. The whole family LOVES it. I play in Workout mode because I love how it keeps track. We only have DDR Extreme 2...I'm finding it hard to find DDR Extremeor DDR Max at a reasonable price. We have one regular cheapy mat and the foam-padded one; next time we're near a Best Buy we'll grab another good mat because it really makes a difference.

Ok, guys... help me out here. I still haven't bought my DDR for home yet. Which one do I want to buy? Has anyone used them all for comparison? I still go get on the one here at the alley every once in a while! I usually wait till everyones gone. People like to make fun of the owner on the ole DDR! :eek: You can just imagine.

By the way I am celebrating my 25th Anniversary on April 3. Sounds like alot of us could toast each other in a few weeks!

Gotta go

Crystal

robin...thanks for the quick answer, congrats on your anniversary as well......my 25th was actually feb 27th but my dd recently got married feb 10th so we booked our 25th anniversary cruise in april, to have time in between wedding and cruise. we renowed our vows for our 20th :) , maybe we will think about renewing them on the caribbean princess this april. have fun doing your renewl in san juan, sounds wonderful. I will go ahead and pick up the ddrmax2 this week and let you know how it went. i do belong to a gym ad try to get there at least 3 times a week, but would love to do this on the other days that i can't make it to the gym. do you think i should get one or two mats...i have ssen them online showing 2 mats is that to compete with someone else?

crystal...happy 25th to you too:) do you have a cruise booked for your 25th?

I'm shopping tomorrow, it's my day off! Can someone tell me which DDR is the best one. I really guess any of them would be better than none.

Laura - We have a cruise booked for May 27th on the Mariner of the Seas, eastern Caribbean. 11 weeks from yesterday, but whos counting, right?

We are not celebrating our anniversary on the cruise. We tried that once and it was a disaster. Long story for another day.

Keep dancing!!! :)

Crystal

I have been feeling sick all week. I think I have over worked. I am going to try harder this week. It is a very fun excercise. I am glad some people are loosing. I am just happy that I am not gaining.

Wow Girls, you have been busy posting... it is so good to see.

Laura: I also belong to the gym. I do good to go twice a week. My DH goes every morning with 2 of our 4 sons to play racketball. The bad thing about that is, I'm the one who taught them all how to play,but they are animals!! They are just to competitive for me. Thats ok by me though... I'll stick with dancing!! We was on the Pride for our 20th... in 2002. Best of luck with your bid on e-bay.I hoe you get it.

Crystal: would love to hear your anniversary cruise story!

Jobster: I sure hope your feeling better.

I only have 6 weeks left before the cruise.. I really wanted to lose at least 15 more pounds. But if it doesn't come off by then it just doesn't. Do you guys want to hear a funny story? I came home early the other day and found my DH dancing? He's not a small man...6'5..245 pounds. I was laughing so hard! but he was actually doing really good. I better watch out cause he might pass me up! I am going to buy a new pad though.Been using it so much that it has started to crack and rip. OH NO! My son said that if I took it off of work out mode and put it onto game mode it would unlock new songs...hmmmm might have to try this. Well girls,keep up the great work and DANCE,DANCE,DANCE..you skinny little things!

Robin

For those of you who are really serious about this and don't mind spending the money, this is the way to go:

http://www.redoctane.com/redoctanemetalpad.html

You will go through a ton of those other pads. They just don't last. We have this metal pad and it's awesome. Had it for years now and it's still going strong. Maybe you can find it cheaper on ebay or somewhere.

Hey gals!

It's so funny so many people do this! I live in a condo in a little downtown area and always fear people are looking at me through the window and thinking how strange I am. LOL. Anyways me and my fiance bought Xbox 360 basically for this game because my little cousins introduced it to me when I babysat them and I couldn't stop playing.

Instead of watching TV we play DDR and feel like we aren't as lazy as we used to be by watching tv for 3 hours every night.... lol... we still watch American Idol and House loyally though.....

The game for XBox 360 is Dance Dance Revolution Universe... it's really cool and got some cool songs.... It just came out for XBox 360 two weeks ago...

It's really useful for use because we are trying to get in shape for our wedding in 6 months and then our cruise in 9 months!

So we have some time, but an early start can only help us get farther!

Can anyone here actually do the Difficult or Expert levels?

I feel I am getting a lot better at the Basic levels.... but I mean, when looking at the Difficult and Expert levels I don't know if I'll ever be that coordinated. Lol.

good luck!

Heavenn1717.congrats on your upcoming wedding, we just went thru the wedding thing with our daughter. enjoy your special day, it flies by so fast. We have an xbox, but I think I will try the ddrmax on my ps2 first. I hope I win the auction if not off to the store I go to pay retail :)

cruisinkits..thanks for the link, may try one if I enjoy the game. I really don't want to invest alot before I know I will stick with it.

jobster...hope your feeling better, I too was off work due to a wonderful migraine:( , but feeling great today.

crystal...i second that, lets hear the anniversary story!!! unkess its really painful to talk about:p

fearnot....good for your hubby doing ddr I hope that my hubby will join me. he can stand to lose a few. wasn't the pride a beautiful ship, she was sailing out of port canaveral back a few years ago. I wish she was still here, but I believe she is in california now.

have a great day everyone and KEEP DANCING ( I can't wait to try)

Archived