Captain Marvin anyone?

Latte Lover

Whose used Capt. Marvin recently for the Stingray trip? We're thinking of the short excursion so we can get it in and still have a little time in town. We're on the Carnival Inspiration leaving in one week!

Our family includes 2 boys (8, 10) - will they enjoy this?

We booked with captain Marvin about 5 years ago based upon comments on this board and had a great time. His group was fabulous! Very professional and at the time allowed you to change clothes and dry off in a private facility.

We are going back in April on another cruise and are going to do Sting ray city with the captain's group again!

Just got back (see my review) and had a blast. There were tons of kids there having the time of their lives. If they haven't heard about the Steve Irwin thing or haven't had the fear of God put into them they will have a great time. Especially the boys-I saw a few sqeamish little girls about that age but the boys were definitely having a ball!!! Captain Marvins is the best!!!

All I can say is YES!!! Captain Marvins was wonderful! Our kids are 11 and 9 and they both loved it! We snorkeled at two reefs and then went to stingray city and they are so incredible! It was a little weird at first but the stingrays are all over the place and you are able to hold them and feed them. We had about 30 other people with us but it was just perfect, their boat was nice and big so you did not feel crouded. Very professional people! Remember to take your underwater camera!

Should we do the short excursion or the half day trip. We are goint in Sept & in port from 7 am-5 pm. Have DS 13 & DD 16. Kids have never been outside of the US. So excited for both of them.

I am trying to make the same decision. If I read the info correctly, there is only 30 mins difference in the two trips. I guess to help keep the boats spaced out well. The whole day trip look like fun, but I think I want some time to look around the city. Any information you guys that have done this before would be great!

Hi I looked at the captainmarvins website and didn't see anything about riding a waverunner to the stingrays, it must be another excursion, does anyone happen to know, if so, anyone been on it and recommend it?? Thank you all so much!

Lori

http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/StingrayCityWaverunner.htm

I think this is thre website that you are looking for.

Laura

Thanks Laura, this sounds perfect! Did you by chance use them? I'm leary to book in advance and by some chance not get to the port due to weather etc.

Lori :)

I had them booked for a trip last November but the port was closed so we didn't get to Grand Caymen. They were really great, found a credit on my credit card before I even got home. Very easy to work with, will be trying them again next time I am there.

Laura

I just orderd 10 - 1 AM excursion for April 19th, and was worried about not getting confirmation so I've written e-mail to CM.

He responded quickly and advised me that they preffer cash ot Travel checks, and if we want to pay by credit card there will be a fee of 5%.

We are fine with cash, but I just wanted to let you know.

He wrote that they will be waiting for us at 9:15 AM at their office.

Thanks, so you just call to reserve and then pay when you get there? Thanks about the cash warning too! :) I will check out the website!!

Lori

No. You make reservation using their website and your credit card (they have SSL). But they don't charge it, just use it in case you won't show up.

You gotta read the rules, I think you can cancel before 72 hours.

If ship can't dock they won't charge you... But if you simply don't show up they'll charge credit card.

When you are done with excursion you have a choice how to pay by CC or by cash/travel checks. Should you decide to pay with CC, fee is 5%.

Thanks Tatka!! Your awesome :) I will find out the exact date were there and make the reservation asap. Any other tips you have? Do you recommend bringing a backpack or something to carry things in? I'm clueless on this, this is our first cruise :confused: do they storage in the jet skis or lockers you can rent? Also, I would think to bring a change of clothes, towel, sunscreen and of course cash right? If you can think of anything please tell me ok! Thank you so much again!

Lori

The catamaran "The Bucaneer" is the classy boat out at StingRay beach. A lot of the other boats looked like catamaran barges or double decker boats. On our trip all of tours didnt have time to shop afterwards. When they say they leave port at 4:00 that means everyone has to be on the ship at 3:00 and they take off at 4:00. I am going again in November 2007

Thanks Tatka!! Your awesome :) I will find out the exact date were there and make the reservation asap. Any other tips you have? Do you recommend bringing a backpack or something to carry things in? I'm clueless on this, this is our first cruise :confused: do they storage in the jet skis or lockers you can rent? Also, I would think to bring a change of clothes, towel, sunscreen and of course cash right? If you can think of anything please tell me ok! Thank you so much again!

Lori

I can't help you with this, but looks like CM is very good at writing e-mails or you can call them. I believe they have 1-800.. on their page. :)

Archived