What do they have that you wish RCCL had?

flagger

I have to admit that I was hesitant about sending out the family's (2 adults/3 kids) unmentionables for laundry while on the HAL Westerdam, however, when they arrived back in our room the next day - folded, in a wicker basket with a tissue paper covering I was sold. From that day on (7 day Alaska) we sent our laundry out every morning. What a joy to unpack when we got home - not nearly as depressing. :)

On our last Princess cruise...Fried, boiled, shrimp cabobs, shrimp salad etc....all the snow crabs you could eat...

YES ! !

Second the motion for this kind of seafood buffet. (Heck, we're in the ocean already - dangle a line)

Also, prefer to wash my own undies, so I wish they would have self service laundry also.

We loved the laundry service, even sent out our unmentionnables once, and got the same ones back! - bonus! :eek: :p

Another vote here for laundry facilities. I know a lot of people here say they don't want to spend any of their vacation time doing laundry, but it sure would be nice to be able to pack less.

Afternoon tea in the dining room on sea days would be nice, and I'd go, but if push came to shove, I'd pick the laundry facilities over the tea.

I would love a sushi buffet like on Celebrity, that had a great variety and decorated one side of their buffet every late afternoon/early evening, great snack for late seating passengers!

Carnival has a sushi bar as well in the late afternoon/early evening.

I like the ideas for a real sushi bar and more seafood! MUTS and self service laundry don't do anything for me - I don't go on cruises to sit and watch movies, or to do laundry. Passing Crown Princess as we were leaving harbor in San Juan a month ago we could see the NFL play off game blazing from the screen on her pool deck.

And being diamond CA members, DH and I each get a $10.00 internet coupon - that's a total of 40 minutes, which, for us, equaled free internet for the week.

Jodi

I'd like to have room service available on disembarkation day, and to be able to stay in my stateroom until they call me. Although they do provide a lounge for Platinum & up, I just hate the "thank you for coming, now GET OUT" experience!

I would trade some of my C&A coupons for free Internet & laundry, too.

That's about it for me. I do not use laundromats EVER unless I have NO other choices. MUTS would no do it, I am never that bored.:eek:

Mmmmmm let's see....yep, I'd like to have "gentlemen hosts" available on formal nights for all of us solo-cruisings single women. Come to think of it, some of the ships' officers I've seen on my past cruises are perfect for the job!;)

I'd also like to have the option of bringing a bottle or two of alcohol onboard - ("legally" since I won't sneak it onboard) for consumption in my cabin, and to see more fresh seafood served.

Because I absolutely don't want to spend a minute of my cruise doing laundry, the self-laundry feature doesn't attract me. I do find features on Oceania very attractive. First off, no formal nights. Second...no smoking on balconies. I love the idea of afternoon tea. I like the lecture series Regent offers,too, with top name lecturers offering up their wisdom.

I like Regent's all suites, all balconies rooms. Instead of building bigger and bigger ships, why doesn't RCI build at least one luxury ship such as that?

1. Self-service laundry/ironing rooms

2. Dining room open for lunch every day

3. Formal afternoon tea on sea days at least

4. Upgraded bathroom amenities

5. Upgraded food quality in general

Leslie

Chocolate dessert every night (I can't believe that on my last 3 cruises there hasn't been a chocolate dessert until night 3) and a Chocolate Buffet would be even better!

And I agree with the waffle request. I love the waffles on X.

Most of the suggested changes are available on other lines and pretty much all of them have their critics as well as their proponents. I pretty much like the RCI style and hope that they remain committed to offering a cruise experience very similar to what they have offered. If I want to see movies by the pool, from 8am until late at night, which is what Movies Under the Stars has evolved into, I can sail on lines that offer it. If I want to dine "when and where and with whom I want" and don't mind an hour's wait even with reservations, which, incidentally, can't be made if that desired time is between 6:30 and 8:00 pm, there is a line that offers it as well and if I want to spend my precious vacation time doing laundry and worrying that I may not get back to the laundry room on time and thus risk enduring the wrath of my fellow passengers, there are lines out there that allow me to do that as well. :D Most mass market cruiselines offer similar cruise experiences and IMHO we should cherish the minor differences that each line offers and not wish to further homogenize the product by having every line offer the same thing. No line is perfect and I am sure that RCI and each of the other lines can do things to improve their product but I hope that in their attempt to "improve" things they don't destroy those elements that make each of them special.:)

Archived