What Cabin on the Med?

I am plaaing a cuise this August for the Western Med on the Voyager, and have no idea what cabin to book. My aunt is claustrophobic, so she has been leaning toward a balcony, however I wanted to try a promanade view cabin. Any suggestions on which cabin is best for August (or ever), comments on Voyager, and info on the Med is greatly appreciated.

We did the Med on Voyager in OCt 2006 - our first balcony cabin. The extra space was nice and we enjoyed sitting out on the balcony - although many of the ports are commercial ports so the view isn't always good!

Given the choice I would choose a balcony again - the promenade cabins looked a bit too 'open to public view' for me. However it also depends on your budget - you would have extra spending money if you opt for the promenade.

We booked and E1 balcony when we sailed Brilliance on it's 12 night itenerary. The only port the balcony was of much use for sightseeing was when we sailed in/out of Venice.

Still, we would book a balcony again only because we enjoy sitting out on the balcony and getting some fresh air. We also like being able to see out to sea when we're in our cabin and we do spend time in our cabin relaxing.

But, if $$ are a concern, I think a promanade cabin would be just fine. Since my wife is also slightly claustrophobic, I believe it's the only inside cabin she could stay in. We have had two outside cabins and she did just fine in those so I'm sure she'd do fine in a Promanade room.

I am plaaing a cuise this August for the Western Med on the Voyager, and have no idea what cabin to book. My aunt is claustrophobic, so she has been leaning toward a balcony, however I wanted to try a promanade view cabin. Any suggestions on which cabin is best for August (or ever), comments on Voyager, and info on the Med is greatly appreciated.

Hello,

We did the Med in 2005 on Legend of the Seas with an outside cabin, but no balcony, and then in 2006 we did the Med again on Century with a balcony.

We do prefer to have a balcony as it gives you more space. You do dock in alot of commerical ports however Villefranche(you tender here) is such a lovely place and that is when a balcony comes into use. Just watch the world go by.

Just dont over do it, as most days you will be in port and the day trips can be long.

We are going on Navigator in the summer to the Baltics and needless to say we have a balcony.:)

Steven

:)

Archived