Royal Palms or Sea Grape...can't decide!

bickee

So I'm torn between going to the Royal Palms or Sea grape beach...I keep flip flopping! I guess what I'm looking for is the least crowded...prettiest...best drinks...of the two! Any opinions out there? Also am I correct in thinking that Royal Palms is 5 bucks a chair and Sea Grape is 10? Decisions, decisions.

We were at Royal Palm about a year ago. There was no charge for a chair. However there was NO shade and they didn't rent umbrellas. The beach was pretty rocky. Sea Grape is sandier, has a few small trees for shade and also rents umbrellas. Food looked good at Royal Palm, but prices are way high in Grand Cayman. Say about $6 US for one beer.

Good to know. I was trying to make the same decision.

We will get dropped off somewhere along Seven Mile Beach after our Moby Dick sting ray/snorkelling tour so will be looking for some shade sand relaxation and refreshments. But shade is a must so if Royal Palms don't have umbrellas for rent that rules them out - looked like a nice spot too. What other choices are there on Seven Mile Beach if you don't have a resort day pass? We don't care so much about the "toys".

Is there an access charge at Royal Palms? If so, what? If not, is there an amount you are required to spend on food, drink, etc? We will be in Grand Caymen in March for a day. We have stayed on the island twice and stopped on cruises several times. I believe this time a day on the beach is what we are looking for. Now it is deciding which spot. Thanks for your help.

We will be in the Caymans on April 11th!! We're thinking of spending our day at Royal Palms!!

Could you please give me pricing on the following:

Unbrella??????

Bannana Boat???

Parasailing???

Are there any time specials or coupons??

Thanks!

We were just there last Wednesday, the beach was very narrow, no chairs or umbrellas left at 10:30 am, the water had lots of rocks, and it took 20 minutes to get waited on at the bar.

I haven't been to Royal Palms, but did hear that they still had chairs left at 10:30 am that day.

I have read quite a few posts regarding the best spots on 7 mile beach. The Consensus among those not willing to pay the day pass rates at places like the Hyatt seems to be Sea Grapes or the Royal Palm.

I have heard the pros and cons of both. So, my final determination will be based on which beach is wider. Can someone tell me?

I would also appreciate any last minute advice. I will be with my wife and 2 year old daughter. What we need is 2 chairs, umbrella and access to a bathroom and food. The less people the better. There are 4 cruise ships in GC on the day I will there.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived