Help !!

Amberlulu

Hi Everyone

We are booked on Caribbean Princess in a BB grade cabin, we have a cabin located right at the back of the ship and the balcony looks quite large judging by the brochure.

When we booked this cruise we had the choice of accepting an upgrade, if one became available, but if we chose this option then we could not refuse an upgrade.

As the higher grade cabins were mini-suites we chose to accept the upgrade if offered. However, since then and viewing actual photographs it would seem that although the higher grades are mini-suites, they are mostly on the lower decks with the 'stuck on' balconies.

Has anyone been in one of these cabins and if so are they OK? Any views would be very much appreciated.

Amberlulu xx

Use the search function on this board. For example, type in D734.

You will get lots of info re aft balconies.

I love aft balconies and have marked my reservations as upgrade only to vs or gs. The aft balconies are BB so you could always get "upgraded" to a BA which would not make me happy since I have a great location with a very large balcony

I also have an aft balcony BB booked and feel lucky to have it. I would pass on any upgrade to a mini since I can book one of those rooms anytime but chances of getting another aft are slim but not impossible.

IMHO if I were you I would experience the aft. Other things to consider if you get sea sick easily etc... Can you call on your booking and request no upgrade?

I have a BB on Caribbean Princess leaving on Sunday-- woo hoo.

C753. I stated on my booking that we will NOT accept upgrades since there are another category we could be upgraded to.. BA which are located on the CAribbe Deck and Lido deck. If I got an upgrade I gave away an awesome balcony--which is bigger then the side ones.. plus the view.

edst: Yes it will depend on what a person is looking for,

Since we dont spend time in the cabin except to sleep and shower.. and spend a great amount of time on a balcony-- that is why balconies are important to me. I seen photos of the bathroom. Please dont blink- gotta leave the room to change my mind-- very small.

But if the OP is booked in a BB -- what is the chance of getting upgraded to the suite before getting a BA cabin- which is also considered an upgrade?

Archived