teens cruising during non peak times?

ccampbell

We are about to do the same thing and ask. Maybe ask the cruise line a broader question, such as the number of children on the sailing (i guess 3-17) and/or teenagers- plausibly, 13-17. Just a suggestion! And good luck!

Diahndra

Eileen: No cruiselines will give that kind of information out. or one lot of people dont like cruising with kids..so if they hear that lots of kids will be onboard they will cancel. Works the same with groups. If you call and ask how many groups they wont give you that either.

Serene

OK - thanks. I've come to realize that my kids will have a great time regardless of how many kids there are onboard. They are SO looking forward to it as are my dh and I.

It doesn't matter anymore - we are leaving 11/14!!!!

Thanks

Eileen

We are going on the Carnival "Glory" over Spring Break 2005!!!

I have a questions about the teen clubs. My one daughter will be 14 and my other daughter is 16.. Does that mean my older daughter can't participate because it only goes to age 15. What are the older teens supposed to do??? I know they are not going to want to be separated and go to different areas. Have anyone had this same problem or maybe its not a problem at all and they will allow our 16 yo to join in...

Any info would be great.

Thanks!!

Laurie

• 3 weeks later...
We are going on the Carnival "Glory" over Spring Break 2005!!!

I have a questions about the teen clubs. My one daughter will be 14 and my other daughter is 16.. Does that mean my older daughter can't participate because it only goes to age 15. What are the older teens supposed to do??? I know they are not going to want to be separated and go to different areas. Have anyone had this same problem or maybe its not a problem at all and they will allow our 16 yo to join in...

Any info would be great.

Thanks!!

Laurie

Carnival is strict about their age groups........however, they are sometimes flexible with the teen groups, depending on how many people are participating. For example, on the Elation, there were only a handful of teens participating in activities, so older siblings/friends were encouraged to join them (volleyball, ping pong, etc.). You are going during spring break so there will probably be many teens aboard. There should be a teen meet and greet the first night, so your older daughter can make friends. I believe the Glory has a teen hangout/disco. There will be a few organized activities for the age group throughout the week, but not many. The key is for her to make friends that first night or by the 2nd day (by the pool is a good place). This is not the time to be shy....I know it might be hard, but somebody has to say hello first. After she gets a friend or two they will be off eating pizza, playing ping pong, swimming, sunning, just hanging out. She will have a great time if you let her know what to expect. She will still have time to hang out with her sister. My boys have been separated on each of the cruises we went on, and it actually worked out better for them. They both made friends that they still communicate with (by e-mail). Have a great cruise!

. My one daughter will be 14 and my other daughter is 16.. Does that mean my older daughter can't participate because it only goes to age 15. Any info would be great.

You will find that most activities for that age group are done amongs themselves. They are too cool for structured activities. There will be a teen meeting the first night onboard. It is VERY important that your teens go to this meeting--no matter how lame they think it is. This is when they will meet the kids on their sailing. our 16 year old can hang around with the 14 year old. But more then likely she will find kids her own age...or they will tend to hang out with a mixture of ages. No matter what= your girls will have the best vacation.

Archived