Anyone just back from Voyager eastern cruise?

Yes, we just got back on Saturday from the Voyager. It is a big ship. We went to the eastern carribbean. Ports of call were Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan and Labadee. The ships crew is great. The guests were the rude ones. This was only our second cruise, but we thought alot of the guests had the "me first" attitude. We would stand in line for breakfast and people would just cut in front of you. Prepare to walk a lot of steps because at peak times, like meals and port calls, it nearly impossible to get an elavator. We were on the 7th deck and had a room with a balcony. It was great! Overall we had a fantastic time, we met three other couples at our table for dinner. All were experinced cruisers and we learned alot from them for our next cruise.

We were on the Voyager a couple weeks ago,1/20-1/27,and had a wonderful time.I agree with 2ndsail with the crew & guests,friendly helpful crew but rude guest.The one thing we found they could do better on is the ladies public restrooms(do not know about the mens)and the fruity drinks they did not add alot of liquor unless you ask.I wish we would have been at the ports a little longer.But I would definetly sail Voyager again.Have fun!:D

We recently sailed on Voyager to the Eastern Caribbean. It was our best cruise yet. We have sailed on Explorer twice and on Navigator once. There was some concern about the fact that she was an older ship, but we found her to be in good shape. We also found the crew to be very friendly. Our waiter Amit, was the best! We wouldn't hesitate to sail on her again.:)

We recently sailed on Voyager to the Eastern Caribbean. It was our best cruise yet. We have sailed on Explorer twice and on Navigator once. There was some concern about the fact that she was an older ship, but we found her to be in good shape. We also found the crew to be very friendly. Our waiter Amit, was the best! We wouldn't hesitate to sail on her again.:)

We also sailed the Eastern route 1/20 - 1/27 on the Voyager. The worst - get in line for the ice show at least 15 minutes early, and expect a bit of pushing and shoving as the crowd fights for the best seats. The best - if the Beatle Maniacs are scheduled for your cruise, don't miss their show. They were great! The lobster and shrimp dinner (second formal night for us) was pretty good, everybody at our table ordered 2 entrees.

Here's a link to the Cruise Compass's for that week:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/557405663zcPKKP

Have a great cruise!

Dave and Pat

They've recently been including notices that boarding starts at 2 and that if we show up before 1, they might not let us into the terminal. Has anyone had any problems with this? My initial reaction is that it is just a scare tactic ....

We boarded at 11:30 without any problems - I agree with your initial reaction. :D

We boarded at 11:30 without any problems - I agree with your initial reaction. :D

Ditto for us-we were on the Jan.20th sailing, and we were onboard by 12pm. We sailed (no pun intended) through the check-in line.

This was only our second cruise, but I thought it was great! The weather was perfect and warm, and the ship was in good shape. I would go back in a second if I could :)

Just back from the voyager of the seas, got back, 2-10-07. Awesome cruise, staff was very friendly and helpful. Guests, many of, whom were rude. Mostly Europeans doing alot of line skipping etc...Bad outbreak case of Norwalk virus, the last few days. Many people throwing up on ship. Captain issued a warning about the virus thursday night, but by then it was too late. Extra sanitation precautions being taken. I myself overheard about 6 or 7 guests saying they were ill, and in need of Immodium. We were a group of 5 travelling and last night (Saturday) I became ill, Vomiting, upset stomach, fever etc.. I don't think it is Norwalk. Just the stomach flu. Anyway, none of this impacted our trip at all. The ports were great, food was great, our waiter Dannia was awesome as was our room attendent Jose. Labadee was very beautiful bought many unique wood carvings and masks at the flea market. Boarding and Disembarking went smooth. On ship by 11:30am, and chose to walk our luggage off ship at 8am. All in All, a great cruise. Even booked another on the Adventure of the Seas for Oct. 2007. Hope you enjoy.

Just off the Voyager on 2/10. I know too that there was quite a few sick passengers on this ship. Disembarcation was the earliest I can remember on a cruise; first numbers being called very early at 6:30 a.m. Probably the same reason that they are warning that embarcation will not before 2:00 p.m.--so that they could scour down the ship before the next cruise.

Archived