What Day/Time Renewal of Vows Crown Classic So Caribb Itinerary?

Perki

Interested in Renewing our Vows but wondering on what day and time it takes place and I haven't gotten anyone to be able to tell me thru Princess, they said we would be notified once onboard. Call me crazy but I would like to be able to prepare ahead of time, doesn't sound unreasonable to me. Maybe skip an island tour so we are back onboard early or something I am guessing we would need to pre-arrange.

So has anyone done the Vow Renewal on Crown on the Classic So Caribbean itinerary since it began in November? If so what day of the week did it take place and what time? I know someone on here must have done it by now! :D

Thank you for any info anyone can give me!

I'll try again as my first response must have been lost in cyber space.

I haven't been on the Crown but DH and I renewed our vows on the Dawn Princess on Saturday, January 27. We were the only couple requesting the ceremony on this voyage and were given the opportunity to choose the day and time based on the Captain's availability. We chose 1/27 as it was also my birthday and a day at sea.

We scheduled the ceremony for 5:00PM and dressed formally even though it wasn't formal night. Afterwards, we went to The Wheelhouse Bar for Champagne followed by dinner at a romantic table for two. We were seated in the "traditional" dining room even though we were "anytime" diners.

We had heard that the vow renewal is sometimes a group ceremony if there are several couples onboard who plan to participate. You will be notified shortly after embarkation about the specific scheduling on your voyage.

Chris

I had read several reviews here on other ships that these were kind of Vegas style with very short ceremonies one right after the other vs group all at once...CRAZY, not sure how/why this can't be a somewhat constant. Say always the 1st at sea evening at 6pm ya know and of course if for some odd reason the Captain was not available things would be re-arranged but otherwise their itineraries are pretty standard for months on end. I will call Princess again and see if they have others scheduled for Vow Renewal and if not then maybe we too will get to choose our day/time. Thank you for the response cruizinchris!

We were on the Crown 1/20 through 1/27, and I honestly can't remember what that itinerary was called, but it was the one that goes to Aruba and Grenada. We renewed our vows onboard on the 22nd, which was the day after our 40th anniversary. That was the time scheduled by the ship and was a formal night. We agreed mainly because it was so close and was a formal night. There were, I believe, 7 other couples renewing that same evening. It all started about 8 PM. Each couple had a private ceremony with their guests and the Captain. It was handled professionaly and competently. It was a very nice evening. We were the first to arrive, and since we had to wait for our guests, our grown children, we had time to converse at some length with the Captain. A very personable man.

I had read several reviews here on other ships that these were kind of Vegas style with very short ceremonies one right after the other vs group all at once...CRAZY, not sure how/why this can't be a somewhat constant. Say always the 1st at sea evening at 6pm ya know and of course if for some odd reason the Captain was not available things would be re-arranged but otherwise their itineraries are pretty standard for months on end. I will call Princess again and see if they have others scheduled for Vow Renewal and if not then maybe we too will get to choose our day/time. Thank you for the response cruizinchris!

The first night at sea is usually the Captain's Welcome Cocktail Party so it's obvious that the Captain will have other duties that night. Later in the cruise, the Captain will need to be present at one or two Captain's Circle Cocktail Parties. The Captain may also have other onboard social events to attend by previous arrangement, i.e. large groups onboard. I don't think the Captain's schedule is necessarily the same from voyage-to-voyage.

DH ordered the "gift" of the vow renewal for me and was told that we would be informed of the specifics once we were onboard.

Chris

Archived