Bring Case of Water?

TanyaAri

I know I'm probably going to get flamed by bringing this up, but I tried to search, and came up empty. Are we able to bring a case of bottled water on board with us? I understand they might not want us to bring it to the pool, but I was thinking about just in the room. My wife and I drink a lot of water, and I'd rather just go to Costco or BJ's in Florida to take with us.

I remember reading somewhere about just putting a luggage tag on the case? Is this correct?

Thanks in advance!!

-Ari

I always bring a case of water with me whenever we cruise! Just slap on a luggage tag and it will find it's way to your room (maybe missing a bottle or two :rolleyes: ). We drink a lot of water too, and at $4.50 a bottle on board, our water bill might be higher than our bar bill!:eek: You can bring it with you anywhere on the ship!

This isn't meant as a criticism but I am wondering why people bring water on board the ships when the ship tap water is potable? The water is desalinized and goes through a reverse osmosis treatment, so it should be of similar quality to those bottled waters brought on board. That's usually how the bottled waters are "cleaned" too.

For the record, DH and I drank quite a bit of the tap water on the Spirit. Only one day did we find a slight chlorine taste. Otherwise the flavor was nicely neutral.

Teri

This isn't meant as a criticism but I am wondering why people bring water on board the ships when the ship tap water is potable? The water is desalinized and goes through a reverse osmosis treatment, so it should be of similar quality to those bottled waters brought on board. That's usually how the bottled waters are "cleaned" too.

For the record, DH and I drank quite a bit of the tap water on the Spirit. Only one day did we find a slight chlorine taste. Otherwise the flavor was nicely neutral.

Teri

This was debated on a very long thread about a year ago. Some of us don't trust the water lines in these ships and prefer bottled water. Others don't like the flouride and chlorine additives in tap water.

Besides.. Evian tastes better!

And yes, I ALWAYS bring water everywhere I travel. I put it in my suitcases though as I've heard that sometimes cases of water never find their way back to their owner.

I always bring a case of water with me whenever we cruise! Just slap on a luggage tag and it will find it's way to your room (maybe missing a bottle or two :rolleyes: ).

That was the case when we cruised............1 bottle missing. I also recommend reinforcing the packaging with clear packing tape to keep it from falling apart. We took some bottles with us in port, too.

The water on-board was very good, so its a matter of personal preference.

John

Absolutely! We always pack some bottled water (more for taking into Mexico and the islands than for on the ship).

As we were driving all the way from Canada we had brought 2 bottles of water with us for the drive. When we got to the ship the next day part of one bottle was left and I brought it on the ship with me. Interestingly, it disappeared from our table while we dished up at Raffles before the ship even set sail. :rolleyes:

I remember buying one bottle of water while on an island. Hadn't finished the bottle by the time we got back to the ship so we just carried it onboard and then kept refilling it from the tap. This time it didn't leave our sight. ;)

Teri

Archived