RCI - 3 year old program - Info Please?

idjaffe

Hi.

We are just about to book a cruise on one of the RC ships for New Years, and we have twins that will be 3.25 years old at the time of the cruise. (And we will make sure that they are potty trained!)

Want to know what the kid program is like, and if my kids will enjoy it. They are both in full time day care (hey, the rents need to work to pay for things like 7 day cruises icon_biggrin.gif) and love it, so I suspect they will like the "camp".

Any idea what the activities are, and how it works?

Thanks,

IDJ

assuing it is like others---celebrity, carnival, they are usually grouped 3-5 yrs old, have a specific counselor(s) for that group. drop off is after break., pick-up around lunch, drop off after lunch, pick up at dinner, drop off after dinner.port days are diff. for each ship (but they have some type of option that allows you to go on port excursion---sometimes you have to pay $7 hr for 12-2 pm). anyway, my 3 yr old loved it--esp. if they are used to daycay. they give a sheet of activities each week. typical: 9-9:30 coloring, 9:30-10:30 craft/build a clay volcano, 10:30 story time, 11:00 gross motor playground/games, etc. 11:00 pirate treasure hunt---you get the picture. the kids camps are great!

As long as they are potty trained the camp will accept your kids. Royal also has a 1 accidnet policy--one time then you are outta there. I dont think they charge for the kids during shore excursion-- but I never used them for that purpose so I cant help you. SInce your kids are used to day care Im sure they will love ROyals Adventure clubs.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

They are now 2 1/2 and my son is basicly trained. My little girl uses the potty sometimes, but we have not forced the issue.

By September (we leave in December) we will force the issue.

My son was 3 1/2 when we went in Jan. on the Explorer of the Seas. Although there were very few kids in his age group, he LOVED Adventure Ocean icon_smile.gif I believe 3 nights you can sign the kids up and the counselors will take them to Johnny Rockets for dinner. We had him in the club on 1 port day (San Juan) and he could not have been more thrilled! Every day they take the kids to the Royal Promenade for ice cream and have a lot of planned activities for them. You do have to pick them up at 12:00 on sea days and then they can go back at 2:00 which was fine since we had lunch and my son took a nap. My son was fully potty trained and FYI one day he asked for help for whatever reason and we were told when we picked him up that for health reasons they cannot help the kids use the bathroom. So just make sure that they can go pretty good on their own. The counselors were very nice and were very attentive with the kids. After 10:00 there is a $5.00 charge per hour if you want to keep the kids there and have some alone time. Pickup is 1am. My son basically wanted to stay at the club all day every day and would CRY icon_frown.gif when we had to pick him up! I'm sure your kids will love it.

Carnival Destiny 11/98

RCI Grandeur OTS 11/99

RCI Explorer OTS 01/04

Carnival Glory 09/04

Till we sail on the Glory!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;9;4;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

IDJ - Click on my icon, and check out my posts for all my comments about Adventure Ocean. Short version - my boy-girl twins were three last September and we cruised during Halloween week. LOVED IT! They still talk about "Kids' Club on the Big Boat" and still remember many names of staff members. Even Joey's broken arm could not put a damper on the trip.

Any thing else you need, just let me know!

Barbara

PS Isn't having twins the BEST fun!! We are so blessed!!

Archived