grandeur questions

dpomes

1) Is interactive TV available at all? I've heard that you cannot view sea pass charges, but can you book excursions?

2) I know there is a place where you can get hamburgers and hot dogs. Is that free? Is that all they offer?

Thanks, we are excited about our first RCI cruise.

1) Is interactive TV available at all? I've heard that you cannot view sea pass charges, but can you book excursions?

I did not see anywhere on the tv to view your seapass account. We did not do any excursions so didn't really pay close attention to that, but think that is also a no.

2) I know there is a place where you can get hamburgers and hot dogs. Is that free? Is that all they offer?

Yes, you can get ham and hots with fries and pizza in the back of the solarium. that is free!

Thanks, we are excited about our first RCI cruise.

You will love the Grandeur we were just on here in January, just wished she had the new bedding then, you may get lucky as I believe she is going into drydock soon for upgrades!

Enjoy your cruise!

kleg59

Grandeur goes into drydock on 14 April directly after you get off the ship, drop you off in New Orleans and then sail to the drydock in Mobile, AL. So you won't have interactive TV at that point, the only thing you can do is watch the TV's, at least JS and below. We couldn't check sea pass bills or book excursions on Grandeur via the TV. There is some chance they'll install new TV's during the drydock evolution but that isn't a sure thing, although it's been mentioned in some threads. The solarium grill offers hamburgers, hot dogs, fries, and pizza. Enjoy your cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
Aside from new bedding, any idea of what else is planned for the Grandeur while it's in drydock? Is it possible that they'll add a Concierge Lounge?

It's possible, but was not mentioned during the Nautical Notes lecture last October (2006). Extensive upgrade to Windjammer, improvements to a lot of the common areas, fix the dent and the starboard rudder, swap out bedding were the big items.

Aside from new bedding, any idea of what else is planned for the Grandeur while it's in drydock? Is it possible that they'll add a Concierge Lounge?

I don't expect they would add a Concierge Lounge, until they "stretch" Grandeur (if they DO stretch her)

That is when the CL was added on Enchantment. . .

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Archived