East Bay to SF pier...

ladikara

Anybody have some good suggestions to get our party of 9 from the east bay to the pier downtown?

We don't want to pay an arm and a leg.

We live about 25 minutes out from SF, but our ship does not return to SF...so parking 2 cars at the pier isn't the best idea.

Anybody have a good idea or suggestion?

Anybody have some good suggestions to get our party of 9 from the east bay to the pier downtown?

We don't want to pay an arm and a leg.

We live about 25 minutes out from SF, but our ship does not return to SF...so parking 2 cars at the pier isn't the best idea.

Anybody have a good idea or suggestion?

Well, me, personally, I'd probably bite the bullet and hire a shuttle or limo company...

But, if I were trying to do it "on the cheap", I'd just use BART...You've got a station in Union City...I'd just hop on the Green Line and take it into The City...get off at one of the stops downtown--Embarcadero, Montgomery or Powell...and take a short taxi ride from there...probably need three cabs...and even with a nice tip, you've probably saved money off what a shuttle might cost...

If I was REALLY trying to be cheap, I'd make sure I had limited luggage on wheels, I'd get off at Embarcadero and WALK to the ship from there!

Good luck...

We did a one way from SF and we live in Sacramento. We drove our car to SMF, parked, rented a car and then dropped it off at the Hyatt in Fishermans Wharf. I am not sure how much limos would cost for 9 people, but depending on which airport you plan to fly back to you may want to consider this. We used Budget and there was no one way rental fee either!!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived