Hotel in Seattle Please help

IvesGrandmama

You'll get lots of suggestions on this one, but my two cents -- Either bid for a 4* Priceline hotel downtown Seattle (we got both the Sheraton and the Hyatt for around $100), or book the Silver Cloud on Lake Union. We stayed there a couple times and really liked it -- free full breakfast, free shuttle to downtown sites, pool, and kayaking on the lake. You'll love Seattle.

So you are flying in, and cruising out?

SeaTac airport is about 30 minutes south of Seattle. So if you wanted to stay IN Seattle, you're going to need to get into Seattle after your flight. Then from the hotel to the ship (which is slightly south of downtown, if memory serves).

If you didn't care much about where you stayed and weren't planning on sightseeing that day, I'd just stay right near the airport (I've stayed at the Super8 there and it's fine), then somehow get up to the ship the next day.

Either way you're paying someone to take you up to the ship area. If you want to sightsee in downtown, I'd look at the hotel deal sort of websites and see if you can find something nice. I personally ADORE the Seattle Westin, but it's expensive. But it's nice. And you are near Westlake shopping center, and a good walk from Pike Place, etc. If you're there during enough daytime hours, you can get a nice amount of walking and looking around done in downtown (just don't jaywalk! Seattle cops don't like it).

Teehee, for some reason I just googled that date and Seattle, and found that it's the Cheese Festival at Pike Place: http://www.seattlecheesefestival.com/

I have never heard of that before, LOL.

Not totally sure what this is, but that day is also a day for these people: http://www.sustainableseattle.org/news/May18Event

And that's one week before Folklife Festival, so you'll miss some crowds.

I hope my blathering isn't UNuseful to you. :)

Oh, if you decide to splurge, there's also this hotel: http://www.edgewaterhotel.com/ I'm afraid to price it, though...

Something I always do before going into a new city for travel is to send away for tourist maps and brochures, and to look online for the sort of maps that show the streets and hotels. Yeah, sometimes they are advertising, and you might miss the hotels that didn't pay to be included, but they can also be helpful to give you an overview of where you are and where you'll be and need to be!

Cruising May 18,2007 where would you stay if you were coming i the day before for one night. Looked at hotel downtown ad fida of expensive.

Any mor suggestios? Thanks

We have stayed in Seattle many times and we go to hotwire.com to find our hotel. You don't know where you will stay until after you have paid but we have never been disappointed yet. You can choose the location and how many stars for the hotel. It will also tell you what kind of hotel is included in 1,2,3, or 4 stars. We chose 3 star last time near the airport and got Doubletree and loved it. We paid something like $60-$70 a night.

Where you decide to stay might depend on what time you will arrive. If you arrive during the day, I would suggest staying closer to downtown as you would then have a chance to look around Seattle. It would be just a short taxi ride to pier from most downtown hotels. As you mentioned our downtown hotels can be expensive. You might check the hotels out around the Seattle Center as they are a little cheaper than the ones downtown. I believe there is a Holiday Inn Express and a Hampton Inn out near the center that gets good reviews on Tripadvisor.

Someone else already mentioned the Silver Cloud Inn on Lake Union but it's a little out of the way for sightseeing although they do have shuttle service to downtown.

If arriving in the evening, I too would suggest that you stay somewhere out at the airport and then just catch a cab to the pier. Most of the airport hotels offer a shuttle ride from the airport to the hotel. And then it would be about a 20-30 minute taxi ride depending on traffic to the pier the next morning costing around $25-$35.

Do you know what pier you are leaving from? I checked the Port of Seattle website and they didn't say where the Vision was docking. It shouldn't really matter as both piers are close to downtown with Pier 66 being closer to the main downtown attractions and Pier 30 being in a more industrial area.

Thanks to each of you for your input.

We will arrive @2:41 in the afternoon.

Would like to stay close to downtown so probably m best bet is bid on hotwire.

Also have order map

Aren't we blessed to have these boards.

Everyone is so good helping one another

Just thought I would have a little input as to the hotel prices. I booked the Sixth Avenue Inn which seems to be close to the pier and downtown attractions. I got a real good price on the hotels.com site. I am very happy with my results cause I got the internet special price. I am going May 25th.

When we are sailing out of Seattle, I always go Hotwire or Priceline for hotel at the airport. We can take free shuttle to hotel, then take shuttle back to airport the next morning, then we get the cruiseline transfers from airport to port and when cruise is over take transfers back to the airport. This really works best for us.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express post cruise in August 04 and we thought it was fine. We would walk down to the corner and over to the Space Needle -- there's a mall that doesn't have stores but has a food court. Also spent many hours in the Science Museum.

The only negative my family had was that the pool was not heated.

You are right about the mixed reviews, but for the small amount of time we will be staying there, I don't think it will matter too much.We will fly in at 11:30pm and leave in the morning at 10:00 or so. Hey I think it is a good price for the downtown area. Let's just say it will serve the purpose .Talk to ya'll later. Janice

Archived