How Quickly should I book the following

tbenson81

We are traveling in May

1. AKRR from Anc to Whitter and from Anc to Seward

2. Wilderness tour in Denali

3. Kenai Fjords Tour

Are these things I need to book now or do I have some time?

Thanks

Tony

I am not sure about the RR, but we booked last month for our Kenai Fjords NP tour in early June.

I've seen lots of people walk up at the last minute for both the train and wildlife cruises, but if you know what dates I'd go ahead and book and not take the chance of it being one of those busy days. Also May is the beginning of the season and things don't really start picking up till after Memorial Day.

IF your dates are fixed- there is not really any reason to wait to the last minute. Book when your time is fixed. I have seen the train sell out.

Not sure of your routing, but IF you are limited on time, I would not be backtracking Anchorage for Whittier and Seward. There is shuttle possibilities between the two.

As for the "Denali tour"- I assume you are going the "tour bus" route because you want the enhanced buses rather than the shuttle buses??? Verify that you will get one??? Otherwise I never recommend the tour buses for independent travelers, always the shuttle buses going farther to at least Fish Creek. You are paying triple costs to take the tour buses compared to the shuttle buses.

Archived