Will NOT fly, need to get to Hawaii!

Hau Oli Tiki

I do not fly. Ever. Hate it. Trains, boats, cars...fine. SO...

I'm wondering if I can get to Hawaii on the cruise from LA/San Diego or Ensenada. Get OFF at the last stop in Hawaii before they head back. Get ON the Pride of America/Aloha. Cruise the islands for another 7 days. Get back ON the other ship going back to the Mainland. I'd have to find a cruise where the one going home had it's last stop at the Port of Honolulu so I don't have to get from Kona or something to Honolulu by itsy bitsy island hopper:eek: !! Do they let you get off and end a cruise then get back on a week or more latter to go home? Like a regular transportation issue instead of destination cruising.

Hmmmm. Interesting.:rolleyes:

Short answer is no ... long answer is better provided by someone else more knowlegable than I, but having to do with the Jones act and originating and ending in a US port on a non-US flagged vessel without a stop at a foreign port.

Check out Holland America. They have cruises from California that make a stop in Ensenada, then head over to Hawaii. The ship tours the islands, and then heads back across the Pacific. 15-16 days total. Does this accomplish what you want to do?

Are you afraid to fly, or just don't like it? There are some good prescription drugs available if it's anxiety or fear that's stopping you.

Roz

I can not fly due to several reasons. Physical, legal and emotional. The legal is a long, interesting story. Latter.

I would love to take the cruise from Cali. But I wish it would hang around the islands a lot longer. I don't mind being at sea for 4-5 days at a time. If it would just stay in HW for 2 weeks or so with overnighters + in certain ports...I'd pay preem for that!!

I can not fly due to several reasons. Physical, legal and emotional. The legal is a long, interesting story. Latter.

I would love to take the cruise from Cali. But I wish it would hang around the islands a lot longer. I don't mind being at sea for 4-5 days at a time. If it would just stay in HW for 2 weeks or so with overnighters + in certain ports...I'd pay preem for that!!

try to see if theres some repo cruises that will take you there,,

have you ever been to hawaii?? i think that the west coast 14-16 day cruises would be good, i understand you want to stay there longer, maybe book 2 of the 14 day cruises back to back,, ???

I hope you find what you are looking for,

Melissa

I'm wondering if I can get to Hawaii on the cruise from LA/San Diego or Ensenada. Get OFF at the last stop in Hawaii before they head back. Get ON the Pride of America/Aloha. Cruise the islands for another 7 days. Get back ON the other ship going back to the Mainland. I'd have to find a cruise where the one going home had it's last stop at the Port of Honolulu so I don't have to get from Kona or something to Honolulu by itsy bitsy island hopper:eek: !! Do they let you get off and end a cruise then get back on a week or more latter to go home? Like a regular transportation issue instead of destination cruising.

Yes and san Francisco also. Celebrity, HAL and Princess all have 14 or 15 day cruises that are round trip. You have 3or 4 ses days going and coming and then you do around 5 or 6 port days at 5 or 6 DIFFERANT PORTS (this is for parody-I do not want to confuse him/her) and then you come back-either going back or going over you also have a port stop in Mexico-so your ship is out of the US-for some reason that is required.

Do they still book passage on freighters? Just a thought.

Now that's a thought ... this site claims to arrange bookings on freighters. Didn't see anything on Hawaii, but it's a start.

DISCLAIMER: I only found that site by googling ... this is not a recommendation, just potentially useful info.

Just about anything can be done for a price :D

My personal choice for what you want to do would be to book back to back cruises on the Carnival Spirit. It leaves from Ensenada on April 15 and ends in Honolulu on April 27. You would stay on the ship for the next cruise which leaves Honolulu on April 27 and arrives in Vancouver on May 9. That would put you cruising the Hawaiian islands from April 21 to May 3 (12 days). It leaves ground transportation for you to arrange to get you to Ensenada and back from Vancouver. Actually, I think the price is extremely reasonable if you can spare the time.

Second option (if you can spare a lot more time :D ) would be to take the Carnival Spirit cruise from Ensenada mentioned above, stay in Hawaii for a month, and then return on the Pacific Princess leaving Honolulu on May 27 and arriving in Vancouver on June 6. Now that would be a vacation!!

Just some thoughts...

Bonnie

Not a cheap alternative and maybe longer than you want to stay but here is an option:

Silverseas' Silver Shadow leaves San Diego Jan 30, 2008. 9 day cruise

LOTS of NCL Pride of Aloha cruises during the next 4 weeks but you really don't need to do this-spend your time on land as the NEXT cruise gets you to the cruise ports. You can take the new ferry from Island to Island http://www.hawaiisuperferry.com/ You can get to Maui and Kauai in 2008, but not the Big Island until 2009.

Return to Ensenada on Celebrity Mercury on March 16.

Carnival Spirit is doing a couple of one way cruises to Honolulu from Vancouver and Ensenada. But they do not do them in consecutive order, so no chance to get off the ship for a couple weeks and then go home.

HEY!!! Waiting's got a shweet idea! I have a buddy in HW on base housing that's always offering while he's at sea! I could hang out for awhile.

As far as booking on freighters, yes, doable. You get a no frills cabin and can even get it almost free if you "help" aboard (if you're Coast Guard/ Navy or at sea Marine, active or retired, you can REALLY get a discount as you have experience.)

Or I can just buy my own yacht.

On another note: What's the best time to make the trip via sea to HW across the briny blue Pacific?

Your biggest problem will be dealing with the Passenger Services Act. Cruises that start and end in the US must have a stop in a foreign port. If you take a cruise that starts in LA or San Diego and doesn't first stop in Ensenada, you won't be allowed to get off the ship in Hawaii and then take another cruise back to the US. You will incur a large fine for violating the PSA. If you find a cruise that starts in Ensenada, or stops in Ensenada before the crossing, then you will have to find another cruise line that stops in Ensenada at the end of the cruise. I know this sounds complicated but the PSA is a pain in the behind law that complicates cruising. Your other issue will be the cost incurred. You will have to book two full 14 day cruises, as cruise lines don't allow you to book portions of a cruise. Logistically, I'm not sure what you want can be done. Dates would have to fall perfectly, and the issue with the PSA will have to be taken care of.

Double post. Can someone PLEASE fix these boards? Perhaps the company CC uses for the boards needs to be replaced by a company that can handle the traffic. Hundreds of internet sites get thousands of hits a minute, but they don't have the problems that CC always has.

With out getting into specifics, if you are not allowed to fly because of legal reasons, there may be a possibility that you may not be able to board a cruise ship for the same reason you are not allowed to fly.

For the Record: There is no need for you to explain your legal issue/reason.

Check out back to back cruises on the Carnival Spirit 4/15/07 or 9/19/07. Either from MX to HI to Vancouver or the reverese.

Archived