Insurance and Future Cruise Deposit

Mindy97

I had to cancel a cruise recently. I had Princess Care Gold, and I was ill, so I will get a refund.

I used a Future Cruise Credit for my deposit, as did my husband. I'm guessing that these will be refunded to us as part of the cash settlement. I really don't want that, I'd rather have it restored as a future cruise credit. I *will* be cruising again. When I filed the claim I was told to contact Captain's Circle after the claim was settled.

Has anybody done this, and what was the outcome? Will they restore the credit, allowing me to redeposit the money or something? Its bad enough missing a cruise, but losing the onboard credit makes it even worse.

Thanks for any info you have,

M.

I had used a future cruise credit as my deposit for a Jan. 26, 2007 sailing on the Crown, and had to cancel due to illness after the final payment. Between the insurance and princess, I would have been refunded the whole amount (less insurance premium) if I so chose, but I asked my TA if the $200 future cruise credit portion could go back in my account instead and it did! I am now booked, using that future cruise credit for deposit for husband and I, for the Nov. 20 Coral Princess. So it appears you have a choice, (I did), and I would suggest you do what I did.

Hope this helps you!

Just a P.S. to my post, I was in the same situation with a Celebrity cruise, and they refused to let me apply the future onboard deposit credit to a different future cruise, and insisted on a full refund to me. (This was before final payment date). This definitely gave me a negative feeling towards Celebrity, and a positive one toward Princess.

Responding to sept, yes cash is good, but the future cruise deposit that you made onboard a previous Princess sailing gives you an oboard credit. We are now using our reinstated one for a 10 day Coral Princess in Nov., as I mentioned, and the plus is that we each get a $100 onboard credit. That is a perk you lose if you get a full refund.

We have cancel a cruise before final payment, we had made the deposit with FCC's and these were credited back to our credit card. The TA said that Princess would not reinstate the FCC for another cruise. That was the only FCC we had available and when we wanted to reserve another cruise the TA told us they were having a $100 deposit per person sale in progress. So we were able to make a deposit with the $100 per person and the on-board credit that was being offered for that cruise.

If you cancel before final payment there is no reason you shouldn't receive your FCC back -

Sounds like some TA's have no clue what they are doing or just lazy -

The original poster is filing a claim with insurance which means that they are in penalty for cancelling which is after final payment.

I cancelled two days before the cruise was to being. :( Talk about hurting. I really, really wanted to go on the cruise, but I tore my meniscus and it had gotten so bad I couldn't stand on my right knee without incredible pain. I kept hoping it would get better, but it didn't.

M.

Archived