2009 Grand world voyage intinerary survey

airlink diva

I was checking my e-mail prior to jumping to cruisecritic and I had a survey from HAL concerning the 2009 grand world voyage itinerary.

Very intresting survey. I guess they are in the final stages of preparing the intnerary and want some of HAL sailers to voice their opinion.

The only comment that I place was mainly starting the trip in Los Angles instead of Fort Lauderdale.

Have anyone else received this survey?

I just replied to the online survey. I noticed that 3 of the itinerary options were westbound and one was eastbound. Wouldn't you know that the eastbound was the itinerary we liked BUT we prefer sailing west due to the added overnight hours. Sailing east to Europe gave us too many shortened nights. Granted,. it's just 1 hour at a time but, we really prefer turning the watches back for an extra hour of sleep.

Another interesting group of questions concerned choosing a world voyage by itinerary, by ship, or by price.

Then they gave a list of ports for guests to completely opt out of, or to display interest in.

Again I wonder about the amount of research that goes into constructing the HAL surveys. This one was much better than the last, but....

GN

Yep. Though I have no idea why they chose me ... and I told them that in one of the comment boxes. While I'd be onboard the World Cruise now if it were up to me, I told them that it will be years before I can do a full World Cruise ... at least ten.

They do have some awesome itineraries, though. I like the one that hits the Greek isles.

Blue skies ...

--rita

I completed the survey today too. My comment was similar to yours. I wanted to use a East coast port to start and end the voyage. the airlines are getting stricter regarding weight & number of checked bags.

A voyage starting & ending in Florida or New York would be best for us.

Starting from the West Coast and ending on the East Coast is not attractive.

I spent some time looking it over last night, but haven't thought it through enough to respond yet.

Like Grannynurse, I love the east-bound itinerary but hate the direction. I also have to wonder about any "World Cruise" that doesn't do a complete circumnavigation. Start in NYC, pick up ,ore passengers in Florida, even more in Los Angeles, then complete the cruise with a choice of NYC/Florida.

Did you notice, though, how many of the possible itineraries have several unusual Arab countries/ports? These are very nice routings for passengers who have done the GWV several times.

I also received and replied to the survey today. I think there are some interesting itineraries, but I'm not overly fired up about any one in particular. I too prefer the long days on a west to east itinerary, but there is something to be said for getting an extra day going the other way.

It will be interesting to see if they end up doing one itinerary with the Amsterdam and portions of another with the Prinsendam.

....Though I have no idea why they chose me ... and I told them that in one of the comment boxes.

I got one, too....and I think it's simply because we took a longer cruise last year.

But since I'm not a candidate for a world voyage or probably even for a segment right now, I chose not to participate in the survey. I'll leave that up to the people who are interested in and likely to book the cruise to decide where they might like to go.

A couple of interesting itineraries there, for sure.

I was checking my e-mail prior to jumping to cruisecritic and I had a survey from HAL concerning the 2009 grand world voyage itinerary.

Very intresting survey. I guess they are in the final stages of preparing the intnerary and want some of HAL sailers to voice their opinion.

The only comment that I place was mainly starting the trip in Los Angles instead of Fort Lauderdale.

No! where did you get it, I am interesting in the 2009 WC, and would like an itinerary with less China etc in it, can you forward me this survey, thks Rgds PD.

As is right now, I'm content to do more area specific cruises simply because there are pieces of the World Voyage Itenerary that I absolutely loved, but I would love to see South Africa instead of the Middle East. I know it may cause routing problems for the Mediterranean, but tack on 4 more days and you're there.

So I guess I won't be going in 09'...oh well.

Have to keep myself contented aboard other ships! :)

Archived