Moving up on the Dining waitlist

Canadian Cruiser51

I don't know what your chances would be, but if it helps out, we booked our March cruise in early November, and were somewhere around 150 on the list. We moved up a couple times to 80s, then 50s before final payment, which was due in late December. After final payment we moved up into the teens, then to 3, and then to #1. We sat at number 1 for a little bit and then noticed (sometime in mid January I think) that we were confirmed... good luck! There's still some hope, but it seems final payment is the time that things really start to roll.

Once you're on board check with the maitre 'd and see if he/she has any spots opening.

I'm afraid this may be a case where you don't get through the waitlist. We have been waitlisted twice and made it both times. However, you see the most movement around final payment time. you will probably move up some as people cancel, but I really think your chances are pretty slim. This may be a good time for anytime dining.

On our recent Crown cruise, we too were waitlisted and never got our 1st seating before the cruise. However, we went to see the Matre'D the first day and were able to get a table for 2 during first seating. This began on the second night of the cruise. We made a reservation for anytime dining for 6:00 for the first night. When we got back from the show that night, our new dining assignment card was in our box. Oh, and we didn't offer the Maitre'D any monetary incentive either, but we were friendly and considerate.:) If you check your Princess Patter at embarkation, it will list a time that the Maitre'D is available for dining issues.

I would say slim to none. We booked our current Golden Princess cruise last September and started at about #185. Five days before sailing, when the Cruise Personalizer was removed, we were down to #3. When we boarded, we were assigned Anytime dining. I went immediately to the Maitre D and requested late traditional dining and he got us a table, no questions asked. The people before me were unhappy because they didn't have a window table for 8 and spent 15 minutes harrassing the Maitre D before he gave them a table closer to the window but not at the window. I think he was happy to see me and be able to accommodate me. :) No, I didn't slip him a $50 -- all it took was a smile and a polite request.

I called and asked a Princess Rep. and they said that you can move up the waitlist even after you board the ship. If other people cancel there dinner reservation, she said that they inform you if you're next on the waitlist. We started out in the 80's and arew already in the 30's in like three days. We leave in May, so I'm hoping we'll make it. Going to talk to the maitre d (sp?) is also a great idea. On our last cruise we went with another couple and the maitre d got them seated at our table with us. :) Good luck!

Archived