can't use Shelly; who else delivers to GOS?

dpomes

I hope this doesn't post twice since my first post went into never, never land after getting the white screen of death!

Anyway, we are sailing on the grandeur in April. I called Shelly to order a wine basket, and she does not deliver in New Orleans.

Can anyone suggest another delivery service to use? I would like to surprise dh with a wine basket.

I was told that the Ports put the restrictions on the hard liquor, not the ships. I was told that no hard liquor can be delivered to any ships in Miami by anybody.

If anyone has had hard liquor delivered to Miami by JBOY, please let me know. I was told no.

I was told that the Ports put the restrictions on the hard liquor, not the ships. I was told that no hard liquor can be delivered to any ships in Miami by anybody.

If anyone has had hard liquor delivered to Miami by JBOY, please let me know. I was told no.

I had 3 bottle of hard liquor delivered to Miami on Freedom in October. If it has changed, it changed since then. I also had liquor delivered to Monarch a few weeks ago in Los Angeles.

i dont see why you couldnt send him something by using fed ex or ups,as long as you have the ships address and room number,just a thought tho,others have used wellwishers too,hope you get your package ok,and have a great cruise:));) :p

i dont see why you couldnt send him something by using fed ex or ups,as long as you have the ships address and room number,just a thought tho,others have used wellwishers too,hope you get your package ok,and have a great cruise:));) :p

I never really thought to do that! Thanks for the tip.

• 1 month later...

I am an unhappy customer of Shellys = through this board I found her and placed an order for a cruise in February. I was charged for the total prior to departure. Never received the deliver nor a refund at this point. They wont even respond to emails anymore so I am disputing through my credit card. Just FYI

I placed an order through Shelly earlier this week for Liberty leaving out of Miami (inaugural cruise and honeymoon, so exciting!!). She said that the hard liquor would not be a problem, but that RCL sometimes takes issue with beer.

Regarding the previous post by Redheada - I've seen your post several times on this board. Perhaps instead of just e-mailing and hoping for a response you should give them a call, instead? There might be a perfectly good explanation as to why your basket didn't arrive (i.e. change in room number, difficulty with RCL or the port, etc.). Also, your cruise was only last month and companies often take several weeks (and sometimes even months!) to credit refunds. Because there are so many variables, a phone call might just be the simplest way of resolving the situation.... Just my two cents. I make it a point to try every method of resolving a dispute amicably before escalating to the next level. Good luck with getting your refund, though.

Following up on my post about Shelley and JBOY - She has contacted me and for a number of reason was not able to respond to my requests. She apologized and has promised a refund will be issued right away. Apparently she has some personal issues right now. I am happy with the response. I did not have a problem with the lack of delivery, it was the lack of response that had me concerned. Just as someone would post a positive review, I was posting my experience not trying to escalate anything.

I was just contacted by Shelley, from Just Because, this am regarding our cruise 4-1-07 on the Mariner out of port canaveral... We had ordered some wine... For the next few weeks durring Spring Break RCL is denying Shelley delivery of any alcholol...Now I'm stuck with their crappy selection!!!! I'll certainly fill out a comment card on board to let them know how I feel...not that they care.

I was planning on using Shelley for my upcoming cruise out of Vancouver. We're not drinkers but since we're driving to port, we wanted to have some stuff on board that we would need/like without carting it there ourselves.

I have her informal list/prices, but was wondering if someone else had suggestions on what I could add to the order?

I was interested in getting a 6 or 12 pack of pop, some chocolates, gum, and maybe some mints (like Junior mints - just not sure if they sell them or she'll know what they are).

Anyone else have any ideas or suggestions on things I could list? We're not into those funky not refrigerated cheeses either. ANY HELP would be awesome. Thanks in advance !

Archived