Eden Beach

crazee4cruzin

• 2 months later...

Don't know if you're still checking but we went two weeks ago from the Crown. It was beautiful. Chairs for rent for $5 and snorkel gear for $7. There was lots of shade and a dock that went out for snorkeling. The food at the bars was very good. I highly recommend it.

Don't know if you're still checking but we went two weeks ago from the Crown. It was beautiful. Chairs for rent for $5 and snorkel gear for $7. There was lots of shade and a dock that went out for snorkeling. The food at the bars was very good. I highly recommend it.

How was the snorkeling???

We are on the Crown 4/28 and will stop in Bonaire. Do you recall what the taxi charged you to get to Eden Beach? How far a ride was it? Most importantly, how did the taxi know to pick you up? Was the bottom sandy and okay for swimming/wading?

Thank you for your response.

• 6 months later...

Hello I was wondering how much the cab fare was to Eden Beach and did the driver stay at the beach or just come back when you asked?? thanks for your help in advance

shegoGTO:)

• 2 weeks later...

We want to relax on the beach... at "Eden Beach" for a couple of hours... go to the Harbourside Mall...and then stop at... Karel's Beach Bar on the way back to the ship. Are all these places located on... the 'Beach Promenade"? :confused:

How far of a walk is this... back to the cruiseship pier?

Thank you in advance for any info you can share with us. :D Hopefully there's someone out there that has some knowledge of this island from past trips.

Pat :)

We just got back from the Crown Princess, and spent a wonderful afternoon at Eden Beach! As we got off the ship, we saw a woman in a car, with a sign "Eden Beach $9" - - this was the price for the trip, not per person. The three of us piled into her car, and she took us on the five-minute ride to the beach. We asked her to pick us up at a specific time later that afternoon, and she was right there to get us.

As for the facilities, we simply loved it! I had reserved snorkel equipment with Miguel (activities@edenbeach.com), and he had them ready for us. Snorkel equipment was $6 per person, and lounge chairs were $3 each. Food and drinks were a little pricier, but very good.

The beach is rocky, as the reef comes right to the shore. However, they have a short pier (maybe 15-20 feet) that goes out into the water, with steps going down into the water. The water at that point was about 9 feet deep, with a mostly sandy bottom. The water was SO CLEAR!!!! As I was putting on my fins, I could already see tons of big, beautiful fish, swimming all around the people (I think someone was feeding them a banana and some crackers). The water was very calm, and there weren't a ton of people there - it really was like swimming in an aquarium! The reef was gorgeous, and there were more different kinds of fish than I've ever seen anywhere else.

FYI, Eden Beach also takes people out on diving trips, and they run a water taxi out to Klein Bonaire, which is just off the coast. The entire shoreline around the island is protected marine preserve, so the snorkeling everywhere should be wonderful.

We really had a magnificent time, and can't wait to go back to beautiful Bonaire! For more info, see their web site, which is http://www.edenbeach.com.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI' date=' Eden Beach also takes people out on diving trips, and they run a water taxi out to Klein Bonaire, which is just off the coast. The entire shoreline around the island is protected marine preserve, so the snorkeling everywhere should be wonderful.

[/quote']

If we just take a taxi there for the day can we also take the water taxi if we choose? I thought that I read somewhere that they reserve all the water taxis for people that booked it through the cruise lines? Is this true or are these different water taxis? Do the ships booked water taxis leave from Eden beach?

• 1 month later...

I've been reading these boards trying to find my answer, but I can't seem to find it.

We will be in Bonaire in February, and after looking at all the beach/snorkel threads, I think we are going to try Eden Beach.

I noticed with some of the other Beach Resorts, that either reservations are required ahead of time, or you can just show up on the day of and possibly be turned away if full. My concern is that if they are full, will they turn people away like the Plaza? Do we make reservations? I've also been to their website, but it doesn't address this issue.

Thanks for your guidance..........

ellbon....please tell us more about your taxi tour last year. Did you just get a taxi at the port? Where did they take you to? And, how much did it cost? Did you get to see a lot of the Island? Did they tell you any history?

Thanks

to te person who wants a taxi. After lunch i walked back towrds the ship and tee is a taxi/tour stand. I asked it was $30 per cab for 2.5 hours. I had a chouice between he N part of hte island VS the S part. My driver-a woman- told me the N was prettier. it was mts and we stop several times. you could take a tour then be droped off at the beach and picked up again.

hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

i was just at Eden Beach last week - we took a taxi there and arranged for them to come pick us back up. Chairs were $3. Snorkling was really good there too. If there someone who isn't snorkeling, you may need to bring water shoes if they want to go swimming

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We just returned from a Summit cruise and took a cab to Eden Beach ($9)while in Bonaire. The beach has a nice bar with tables & chairs in the sand. Food & drink are reasonable ($3 beers) and there's a scuba shop right there that'll rent you a snorkel and mask for $10. There's another outfit that rents kayaks and paddle boats but they can't handle the demand from the cruise ships so they were tapped out by the time we arrived. All chaise loungers were rented out so we placed our ship towels on the sand. There are lots of palm trees to lay under so an umbrella is unnecessary. There was no charge to plop down on this beach. Still, the beach is not very pretty and is covered with dead coral pieces. Further in and near the palm trees, the sand is very hard. There's a big coral vein just into the water that's a challenge to traverse (my daughter injured herself on it) so you can walk out on a dock that takes you past it. Still, there wasn't much to see underwater and much better snorkelling can be had at Klein Bonaire (so we heard). Klein Bonaire, however, doesn't have any services so you'll need to bring all your stuff. Also, the Bonaire information lady at the dock said that the water taxi was $20 each (which is higher than the $14 I read on a post). With 6 people, I thought that was a bit pricey. I did hear from several other cruisers that Sorobon beach is wonderful and is just another $5 cab ride from Eden. Lush sand that extends way out into crystal clear water. Great for wading but no coral/fish as far as snorkelling is concerned. I heard that there are no services there but I believe there's a resort associated with it. In a nutshell, I would not recommend Eden Beach for snorkelling or aesthetics. It's OK if you're in it for a beach bar and can get your hands on a lounger to relax in.

i don't think eden beach is a walkable distance from the pier. the taxi cost us $2.50 pp (with 4 people we just picked up another random couple on the street). the snorkeling was pretty good - not having done any other snorkeling in bonaire i can't compare. i have been to tahiti, and i would say the clarity is less. the area of snorkeling available cause the day we were there it was crowded with other passengers from the cruise ship. since we borrowed beach chairs that were already out and brought our own snorkel equipment was it good for $10? yea it was great. also the beach bar there serves good food &drink, the bathrooms were clean. there was plenty of small palm trees with shade to be found. i have a post on the bonaire forum a few posts with a full review. its called "bonaire on our own while on crown princess"

Just returned from Celebrity Summit 7-day Southern Caribbean. Bonaire was one of the Ports of Call. No one on the ship -- concierge, guest relations, excursions, etc. -- had heard of Eden Beach, which is the informal name because it is used by the Eden Hotel, but it is not on any map as Eden Beach. The official name is Bongo Beach. Taxi drivers may or may not know what you mean if you ask to be driven to Eden Beach. It is too far to walk to from the pier. If you want to go there, ask for Bongo Beach.

My family and I were in Bonaire in January and we went to Eden Beach. We took a taxi over (6 people for $12). We also rented lounges for $3 each. It was empty in the morning but got more crowded by the time we left to head back to the ship.

Half of my family are snorklers and we LOVED it. This was the first time I'd been to Bonaire so I can't say how it compares to the rest of the island, but this was great and we saw TONS of fish...all different kinds.

I would definitely recommend this place - great snorkling, clean bathrooms, food, bar, etc.

http://www.edenbeach.com/

Archived