Enchantment of the Seas Cozumel Excursions

jhyla54

We are on the June 17th Enchantment of the Seas cruise to Key West and Cozumel.My wife and I are bringing our 3 sons(15,19 and 21) with us.All of us want to see the ruins.Is there a tour worth doing thru Royal Caribbean.

Thanks-Jim

Mariner of the Seas 11-28-04
Enchantment of the Seas 6-17-04
Majesty of the Seas 5-2003
Nordic Empress 6-1994

We did our own "thing" when docked in Cozumel. You can take a cab to Chankanuab park and go snorkeling there. Nice beach to relax on. Take a cab back downtown and just wander around on your own. Don't miss Carlos and Charlies!

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;8;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
NCL Majesty

• 4 months later...
I would recommend doing both ports on your own. Key West is easy...wonder around and have some fun.

As far as Cozumel, do a little research and do it on your own. I have heard that park is nice, even though I have never been there. We do our dives and then wonder around town. You can find a much better tour of the ruins for cheaper and more personal.

We also go to Chankanaab to go snorkeling in Cozumel. We usually get off the ship early and get to the park. The taxi ride is usually under $10 and then there is a fee to get into the park. I think it costs $10 per person now. The snorkeling there is great! We generally stay several hours and go back to the ship in time for a late lunch. Then we head into town for a little shopping. There is really no need to book an excursion through the ship for Cozumel. :)

• 2 weeks later...
In Cozumel you can do a tour of the Tulum Mayan Ruins. Because of the time it takes to get there and back do this tour through the ship You will tender onto Play Del Carmen where youwill catch a bus to Tulum. They will stop at a soverneir stand but those prices are very expensive compared to elsewhere- wait til after.
it will take 2 hours to get there 2 hours to tour the ruins and 2 hours for the ride back.

• 4 weeks later...
Having just returned from Cozumel, I would like to recommend Paradise Beach. We shopped in the morning(left the kids at Camp Carnival) and went to Paradise Beach in the afternoon with our boys (ages 4 and 8). I wished we would have not wasted our time shopping we had so much fun at the beach. There is no entrance fee. You do have to pay $5 each for use of the water equipment. The cab ride is $12 for 4 people. And they have those great frozen pina coladas in the pineapples!! Very clean and the food is good. Give it a try!!:D

Archived