Another Suite Question

greytstuff

We are booked for the Nov. 3 Voyager Grand Crossing. Catagories E, F and G were sold out, or so we were told. We have accepted Suite 930, port side and are on wait list for a lower catagory. Question is this: In looking at the deck plan, there is a gap between 930 and 928, does anyone know what that is? Actually, it's at the same place on decks 7 thru 10.

Hi greytstuff,

My Dh and I are also booked on the Med portion of the "Grand Crossing". We lucked out and got a G. As there still a long time I wouldn't be surprised if you clear the wait list.

Yes, I am looking at the deck plans and I see what you mean. I have been on Voyager before but on Deck 6 so I don't know what that could be. I have never read any comments about it.

Maybe some of the more seasoned Voyager cruisers can comment.

Hi Cruiseluv,

Thanks for responding to my inquiry. Would you mind telling me when you booked and were able to get a G catagory? We booked in mid-December and it was hard for me to believe they were already that sold out. I do understand that some cruises are more in demand than others. We booked direct w/ Regent as our TA was no longer was available. We were told that thats all that was available for both segments of the cruise.

Hi

Hi Cruiseluv,

Thanks for responding to my inquiry. Would you mind telling me when you booked and were able to get a G catagory? We booked in mid-December and it was hard for me to believe they were already that sold out. I do understand that some cruises are more in demand than others. We booked direct w/ Regent as our TA was no longer was available. We were told that thats all that was available for both segments of the cruise.

Hi

Hi,

We booked a few weeks ago but as I said we only needed the Med portion. So it could be that when you booked there were no G's available for the whole crossing.

I don't think it would hurt (eventhough they already placed you on a waitlist) to call periodically and inquire. People move in and out of cruises all the time. I would think that you can see some movement at least when the penalty phase kicks in (120 days prior).

I hope you get the category you want!

I'm curious. Did they offer you a guarantee for a lower category? I'm not big on guarantee's but it may pay off in this case. They'll move a guarantee in when a cabin opens up, probably before they move a waitlist from a higher to a lower cost cabin. You can always reject the cabin offered and move back to the higher deck.

It seems strange that these categories would be booked up almost a year ahead for a crossing. Maybe there is a group blocking space. If not, then the sales for this itinerary have improved dramatically. Good news for Regent.

JoAnne B

No, I was not offered a guarantee, just the wait list option. Would you suggest that I contact Regent and request a guarantee? I don't know if it makes that much difference, but understand that motion is a little more stable down lower. Thought that might be important on a crossing, not knowing what the seas will be like. Glad to know that 930 is a good suite, though. Maybe I should not "rock the boat". No pun intended!

Hi Greatstuff -

We too will be on that "Grand Crossing" sailing, there is a nice size group onboard from another board, so welcome.

It turns out, that I was just looking yesterday for a client that might be interested in this, and I was on the TA booking site for RSSC - on the Med portion, all categories are available, but on the TransAtlantic at this point category C is the lowest available. They were not showing any guarantees, only waitlist. I would keep checking your waitlist, as I agree with what was said above, people do change their minds and cancellations do occur. Obviously its the Trans Atlantic portion that is more heavily booked, so its possible that you could still clear for the whole trip. We are on deck 8, and were on deck 8 the last time we were on Voyager, and we loved it up there, but of course I understand you may prefer a lower location, as well as a less expensive cabin, so as I said, keep checking with RSSC, as cabin availability does go up and down.

Also agree as above, that space is a fire wall, which you won't even notice.

Hope to see you onboard.

JoAnn

Hi Jo Ann,

Thanks for your nice reply, I will certainly continue to check. It's nice to know that what I was told is accurate. I have never done a crossing and am so excited about this trip I can hardly stand it. It will be my sister and I, who asolutey love to meet new and neat people. As the time gets closer we can do a roll call on this board and hopefully put together a group that could do a party or something on the crossing portion as there will be more time. Let's stay in touch.

Greystuff - sounds good, will look forward to meeting you and your sister onboard. The group from another board is a really nice group of people, some of us already know each other from cruises, some of us only know each other from the board, but its a fun group and I'm sure you will enjoy meeting them.

Of course, Ridolphi (JoAnn) knew that. We met JoAnn and her husband because of this board in 2003 and have cruised 3 times with them - this will be our 4th cruise together on Regent. Generally, we all meet at sailaway on the pool deck right after muster.

And we booked as soon as this itinerary was announced. We're in 645. Our TA has about 20 or 30 people going on this - either from Monte Carlo or Funchal. This was a good value for a Regent cruise.

Hi Kathy,

Nice to see your post and am sure we will all connect as we get closer to sail date. Glad to know that there is a "meet-up" after muster on sail-away. Are you on both segments? I am going to ask for help when it comes to booking shore excursions. I have read the offerings but am not familiar enough to know what is good and what isn't. Especially in Casablanca, as we are only there a very few hours and would like to make the most of the available time. Wow! The Jazz and Big Band Spotlight is really exciting, can hardly wait. I was told they will be bringing a really good band on board from England. This came direct from Regent so presume the information is accurate.

Greytstuff - Yes Kathy and us are both on for both segments, as are most of the group from the other board.

I'm like you, want to make the most of the time in Casablanca, so will be choosing our excursions very carefully, they don't offer very many anyway, so probably its just a matter of deciding what you want to see.

JoAnn

Archived