Carnival stopping military discounts

mprucha

Military rate is good for all cabins we have not stayed on Rivera Deck since first cruise as a matter of fact we leave this saturday for Glory and I have 3 cabins booked Military and Family rates all on the empress deck.

We used the military rate on our last cruise as did the other couple we cruised with and we both booked suites on deck 7. The rate is for a certain number of rooms per ship and does not matter what deck.

I've booked "Past Military" on my last three cruises. Here's the deal. You are usually on Rivera Deck. The discount is aroung the $100 p/p range. If the price of the cruise falls before boarding, you don't get the discount, because you've already got your discount via military.

My son booked the same time we did. The price fell alot and he ended up with a better price and deck. I'll probably book the "regular joe" rate the next time and take my chances with the price falling and the possibility of a better deck.

Yes, the militay discount is available on most, but not all the ships, but, their policy for compensating the vets leaves much to be desired, (as stated above). Ask before you book about this, then make your decision.

This is not necessarily true. We book and early and always book a cat.11 or 12. We get a $400 - 600 discount and on occaision we end up paying the same price for a suite that many pay for a balcony cabin. There are a limited number of available cabins on some cruises.

The best deals are on 7 day or longer cruises. We have found the discounts on the shorter cruises not quite as good but any discount on a suite is welcome.

We have always been on the upper deck and above. The only time we are on the upper deck is when we book a cat. 12 on the Paradise. Otherwise, we are always on higher decks.

I've booked "Past Military" on my last three cruises. Here's the deal. You are usually on Rivera Deck. The discount is aroung the $100 p/p range. If the price of the cruise falls before boarding, you don't get the discount, because you've already got your discount via military.

We have Military rate, booked through Carnival, and have received credit for 2 price drops thus far, one after final payment/penalty phase. We also got to choose our cabin. We are crusing with friends (who are using Past Guest discount) and honestly there's only like $7o per person difference. I thinl the higher the category, the deeper the discounts.

Archived