Private Rome Tour Guides

First Trip On A Cruise To Europe. Don't Want To Take A Bus Tour. Would Like Some Recommendations For Rome, Naples, And Florence. Also Is The Charge Person For A Tour For 2 People.

I Have Checked The Internet, But Thought Cruise Critic Members Would Be The Best Source. Sailing On The Brillance Of The Seas On 9/30 And Find The Tours Expensive.

Thank You;)

Sailing On The Brillance Of The Seas On 9/30 And Find The Tours Expensive.

Thank You;)

So did we!

But also through google we found all ads and asked for quotation and were shocked that they are much more higher than the ship's excursions...

So we contacted the Rome Tourist Board who recommend us to check with an organisation who are only providing the guides:

http://www.cast-turismo.it

Ask for Massimo.

It was much more cheaper than all quotations we got.

We used for 2 1/2 hours a car for a tour starting from Vatican/St. Peter.

So we used the trains getting to Rome St. Peter (S. Pietro), met there our tour guide. And after we visited the Vatican we have been collected by the driver and then after a tour through all major sights we were delivered at the Central Station Roma Termini.

So we did not pay the driver from Civitavecchia to Rome having him in traffic congestion and having him waiting while we are in the church for a couple of hours!

And we did not pay the guide while we were sitting in the train.

We liked the tour - and especially the nice driver Gianni.

Regards,

HeinBloed

So did we!

But also through google we found all ads and asked for quotation and were shocked that they are much more higher than the ship's excursions...

So we contacted the Rome Tourist Board who recommend us to check with an organisation who are only providing the guides:

http://www.cast-turismo.it

Ask for Massimo.

It was much more cheaper than all quotations we got.

We used for 2 1/2 hours a car for a tour starting from Vatican/St. Peter.

So we used the trains getting to Rome St. Peter (S. Pietro), met there our tour guide. And after we visited the Vatican we have been collected by the driver and then after a tour through all major sights we were delivered at the Central Station Roma Termini.

So we did not pay the driver from Civitavecchia to Rome having him in traffic congestion and having him waiting while we are in the church for a couple of hours!

And we did not pay the guide while we were sitting in the train.

We liked the tour - and especially the nice driver Gianni.

Regards,

HeinBloed

thank you,

but had you taken Trains to Rome before, my husband is a little leary about it. Is it easy? We found a couple of shore escursions that private companies charged 250 for. Would pick us up at the dock and then get us into the vatican etc. We have a list of places we want to see and it isn't very long.

was it your first trip to Rome?

thank you,

but had you taken Trains to Rome before, my husband is a little leary about it. Is it easy? We found a couple of shore escursions that private companies charged 250 for. Would pick us up at the dock and then get us into the vatican etc. We have a list of places we want to see and it isn't very long.

was it your first trip to Rome?

Linda, Mike:

Taking the train to Rome is easy!!!

All announcements on the trains are in English as well!!!

And thousands of non Italian cruisers made this before. You must follow the line of cruisers who are going automatically to the station.

Free shuttle bus +

10 minutes walk STRAIGHT AHEAD!!!

Well - it was my first tourist tour in Rome. I have been only once before for 24 hours for a business trip with NO TIME for sightseeing 15 years ago!!!

May I invite you to visit my photo album?

http://public.fotki.com/HeinBloed/msc-musica/page22.html

On page 22 (and following pages) you will find all major attractions in Rome which we saw on our cruise. If your list is longer I am sure that Massimo will made you the perfect tour like he did with us.

I always say: we felt like Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck in ROMAN HOLIDAYS...

Regards,

HeinBloed

N.B. Is New Bedford far away from Newton???

I am next week for four days there and if you like we can meet for a drink and we can share experience.

May be you have experience from Western Caribbean and we can help eachother...

Regards,

HeinBloed

N.B. Is New Bedford far away from Newton???

I am next week for four days there and if you like we can meet for a drink and we can share experience.

May be you have experience from Western Caribbean and we can help eachother...

Regards,

HeinBloed

When will you be in Newton? I am taking a few days off to go up to NH with DH and his son and family. But I would like to share experiences.

We had taken the Adventure of the Seas in 2004, visited St.Thomas, Aruba, St. Marten, Curaco, from P. Rico.

Loved St Thomas, shopping was fun we brought back some liquer and also visited our favorite jewler who had moved to Aruba.

We have visted Aruba 4 times as land vacations.

Linda & Mike

First Trip On A Cruise To Europe. Don't Want To Take A Bus Tour. Would Like Some Recommendations For Rome, Naples, And Florence.

I have used Roman Odyssey Tours http://www.romanodyssey.com several time in Rome. Our guide, Rahul Raghavan, has a vast knowledge of Roman history and culture as well as the architecture of the city. The price for a pickup at the pier in Civitavecchia and a full day tour of Rome is less money per person than the cruise lines charge for transfer only. I highly recommend this company.

Following is the suggested itinerary:

The Vatican City Tour:

The St.Peter's Square

St.Peter's Basilica

Vatican Museum (Ticket Euro 12)

Sistine Chapel

Ancient/Renaissance/Baroque Rome:

The underground temple of Mithras (Ticket Euro 5)

Colosseum (Ticket Euro 11)

Roman Forum

Capitoline Hill

Victor Emanuel Monument-Wedding cake.

Trevi Fountain

Pantheon

Rahul Raghavan

Roman Odyssey Tour

Ph:(+39)3289123720

Email: info@romanodyssey.com

We had the best in Rome,I had booked driverinrome.com and we had a driver called Giusseppe don't think thats spelt right!! He was the best,we saw heaps and had a lot of fun along the way.There were 6 of us and i think it was about 550E. Well worth it!

We also used http://www.driverinrome.com. We had fantastic tours with them in Florence, Rome and Naples. Each morning our driver met us at our ship and we took off, leaving the big tour busses behind. We were able to tell the company the sites that we wanted to see, and we saw all of it and more. By the end of the day our drivers/guides felt like family.

They can do tours for 2 or more. If you want to save some money you can also request to be in a group with other people if you'd like.

I am now helping someone else plan a trip to Italy and I will be telling them to use this company for every stop they can.

We used Stefano from Rome cabs last year. He was great. His email address is romecabs@yahoo.com

I have already booked him for the trip I am taking this year. We got to see so much and did not have to worry about anything. Well worth the cost - it was my first trip to Europe too...

Lynn

Hi,

My financee and I booked 2 tours with Icon Tours (icontours.com) prior to departing the States. We went on the Ancient Rome tour and the Divine Inspirations Tour. In addition to the 2 of us, we were joined by 4 other adults (seniors). While it was quite a bit of walking and a few of the seniors were tired after the Vatican tour, Brad and I found it to be an outstanding tour. The young lady from Australia and young man (Gabriel- from TX) who led both tours were English speaking students studying in Rome at the University.

I would highly recommend this company for their outstanding tours and scholars.

Have fun!

Sheila and Brad

WHen we were there for Halloween last year we hired http://www.romenchantress.com/index.html for 3 half days of touring. She was amazing (Ximena Amorales). she was perfect for my wife and I and will do any small group. We paid around 200.00US per day and I even tippped her well becasue she got us in and out of places without having to wait in line. Give her a call and she will work with you.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried going to the ROLL CALL for your particular cruise? You can ask there if anyone is looking to share an excursion. That's what I did and hooked up with two other couples to share the cost. You will also be able to "chat" with others who will be on the same cruise , ask specific questions, etc. Don't forget to sign up for the Cruise Critic meet and mingle party. I feel as if I will be meeting old friends by the time my October cruise rolls around.:)

MG

Archived