Princess Land Tour to Denali

skogler

I am more confused then ever about what to do at the lodges. We are on the cruisetour that spends two nights in Denali and one in McKinley. Princess scheduled the Tundra Tour at 6AM. Do I understand that there will not be transportation from the lodge to the transportation center at this time?? Why would they schedule a tour without transportation? Should I change the time to a later one?

Also, is it possible to book other tours before arriving at the lodges? In one news release Princess indicated that they would make lodge tours available online in 2007. To date, they don't appear to have done this.

Recommendations and suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!:confused:

Your transportation is included. The reference was for those on the Natural History tour (transportation would also be provided for this by Princess) who choose to CANCEL this and book either the Tundra Wilderness tour ON THEIR OWN, or use the Park Shuttle buses to go much further into Denali Park. There are several options to consider.

There is a separate website for the lodges at http://www.princesslodges.com that list and describe the activities available at each lodge. My TA thought that you could only reserve them upon arrival at the lodge. However, as I previously stated, a Princess news release indicated that were going to make them available online in 2007 but to date they are not.

Also, has anyone been told that as past passengers the Denal Dinner Theatre is complimentary? My TA told me that but I don't see any references to it anywhere.

I spoke with my agent at Princess about the land tours. He said we will receive a list about 60 days before the cruise. He also said we will be asked about tours during the train ride too. All booking on the land tours are non refundable he added. I will post a note if I hear anything else.

Scott

BudgetQueen -

In your post you advise contacting "us" and then provide the name and weblink for Alaska Chateau Lodging (with a link to Teresa's Alaskan Car Rental). Are you the owner or part owner of this company?

Also, do you have any idea of the cost of a car rental from Teresa's Alaskan Car Rental? I can e-mail them, but thought I'd ask here first.

Thanks,

Sam

BudgetQueen -

In your post you advise contacting "us" and then provide the name and weblink for Alaska Chateau Lodging (with a link to Teresa's Alaskan Car Rental). Are you the owner or part owner of this company?

Also, do you have any idea of the cost of a car rental from Teresa's Alaskan Car Rental? I can e-mail them, but thought I'd ask here first.

Thanks,

Sam

That is a cut and paste from the Healy Denali Chamber of Commerce, site. I live in New York and have NO BUSINESS connections with ANYONE In Alaska. Get the rental information direct from the vender.

Archived