Do you rent a cabana when you visit HMC ???

Ziggy7

Do you rent a cabana when you visit HMC ??? If so which one do you or did you rent?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Do you rent a cabana when you visit HMC ??? If so which one do you or did you rent?

• Tan
    • Blue
    • Turquoise
    • Orange
    • Light Blue
    • Purple
    • Pink
    • Green
    • Yellow
    • Don’t rent them

OK- I bit the bullet and had my TA reserve the Turquoise Cabana for our Maasdam cruise on Nov 9. HMC will be the first stop for us - we are traveling with my sister and her husband and this cabana is her birthday present from me. She is almost through her necessary medical treatment now and we are using the cruise and HMC as the "carrot" to help her focus on life after the treatment. She will be sensitive to the sun and a bit fatigued so DH and I thought it would be a nice treat. And I promise not to enjoy it myself, ha ha ha!

I think it should be a nice relaxing way to begin our vacation.

We stop at HMC on Nov 11 so will let you know when we get back how it was.

I'm happy to take a stroll along the beach, have a dip or two or three, maybe a little nap in a hammock (if I can find an empty one in the shade). That's what I figure HMC is for. Next time, I'm heading back to the ship in time for lunch (the shore BBQ has not impressed me much) and then a real nap in a teak deck chair while I wait to see if I can spy anyone running along the beach to catch the last tender. :p

Chimera and I shared the cabana with Sage and her husband last December. That was before the prices were increased and we felt the cost was pretty reasonable for the five of us. Sage's nephew was with us.

Both Sage's DH and I were not really up to a day at the beach and the cabana made all the difference in the world. The day was really wonderful for us. Until that day, I never spent more than 20 minutes on Half Moon Cay, I really like the beach. It is just a wonderful place. I'm just not physically up to it. The cabanas change that for me and now I can go to the beach.

I don't know about paying extra for the butler service. Do any of you who have used this service feel it was really worth it? Exactly what services did the butler provide? Would you hire the butler again?

Linda

Both Sage's DH and I were not really up to a day at the beach and the cabana made all the difference in the world. The day was really wonderful for us. Until that day, I never spent more than 20 minutes on Half Moon Cay, I really like the beach. It is just a wonderful place. I'm just not physically up to it. The cabanas change that for me and now I can go to the beach.

That's VERY good to hear. What all did they to to make "all the difference in the world." ?? Do you or anyone else have any good pictures?

For Heather in Florida - I Promise on my Girl Scout's honor to leave the cabana neat for you. We will not swing from the ceiling fan, use the a/c to quick cool our beer, or write limericks on the walls in crayon!

Hope you have a great cruise!

Gerry aka Crabby

Rev.....Surely you had the chance to see the fabulous pictures that were posted on the Old Board of every cabana. I don't recall who the poster was but he did an incredibly job and gave every tiny piece of detail about the HMC cabanas that anyone could want.

I hope someone has and will post the link. The pics were great.

Surely you had the chance to see the fabulous pictures that were posted on the Old Board of every cabana.

:D I had the chance, but I wasn't paying much attention to cabanas at that time. Now, with my cruise and a stop at HMC on the near horizon, I'm curious. And don't call me "Shirley." :D

I googled "Cabanas at Half Moon Cay" and came up with the following link. Some nice photos here:

http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/cabana.html

Rev, hopefully here is the link to the really good pictures of the cabanas from the old thread that Sail7 is talking about. You do have to scroll down a bit to get to the actual pictures. Enjoy!:D Cruise Critic Message Boards - HMC and Cabanas- Status and locations as of 6/6/04

P.S. Gerry, ;) thanks!

Thanks a bunch, Heather! It's amazing how I had never noticed those cabanas before when I was at HMC. I guess I was too busy with the water and such.

They look very nice. I kinda like the red one. :)

Greg

To answer your question as to how the cabana made all the difference in the world, the cabana provided an air conditioned enviornment that was decadently open to the beach itself. There was also a ceiling fan, in case you wanted the air stirred a bit more!! Seriously, the air conditioner provided humidity relief as well as reducing the heat level. We also had lots of shade, water, and comfortable chairs. We also had our choice of beverages, fruit and veggies and of course the barbeque, all in the comfort of the cabana. There was also some sports equipment available, if we had been interested in using them

Because of my medical condition and medication, my stamina and ability to tolerate heat and sun are limited. The beach can be an enervating experience. Yet the beauty and serenity make it a place of healing and relaxation. The cabana allowed me to enjoy it's benifits without having to weigh in the negative elements. Therefore the costs were only financial.

HAL will provide transportation to and from the cabana if you ask. That was our only problem. There was some confusion over that at first. I hope they have that worked out by now.

Linda

Greg

To answer your question as to how the cabana made all the difference in the world, the cabana provided an air conditioned enviornment that was decadently open to the beach itself. There was also a ceiling fan, in case you wanted the air stirred a bit more!! Seriously, the air conditioner provided humidity relief as well as reducing the heat level. We also had lots of shade, water, and comfortable chairs. We also had our choice of beverages, fruit and veggies and of course the barbeque, all in the comfort of the cabana. There was also some sports equipment available, if we had been interested in using them

Because of my medical condition and medication, my stamina and ability to tolerate heat and sun are limited. The beach can be an enervating experience. Yet the beauty and serenity make it a place of healing and relaxation. The cabana allowed me to enjoy it's benifits without having to weigh in the negative elements. Therefore the costs were only financial.

HAL will provide transportation to and from the cabana if you ask. That was our only problem. There was some confusion over that at first. I hope they have that worked out by now.

Linda

ok, I know this cabana thing has been posted about every other post but, on this like it shows a map, on the map it shows at the top right "Cabana Area".

http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/cabana.html

Is this a correct indication that all the cabanas begin and end up in that area ??? My concern is if the tram ends at the road, then how far will we need to walk to the turquoise cabana, hubby has a difficult time walking long distances in the sand, so this concerns me.

So for those of you who have eyeballed the cabanas on HMC, HELP!

Ziggy, I think that's an old map ... maybe from when they only had a few cabanas? Because if you look at the picture of all the cabanas where each cabana is marked, you can see where they are in relation to the BBQ, etc. Our turquoise is right in front of the BBQ area which should be fine. Here's the link again for those pics in case you haven't got it: Cruise Critic Message Boards - HMC and Cabanas- Status and locations as of 6/6/04

Ziggy, I think that's an old map ... maybe from when they only had a few cabanas? Because if you look at the picture of all the cabanas where each cabana is marked, you can see where they are in relation to the BBQ, etc. Our turquoise is right in front of the BBQ area which should be fine. Here's the link again for those pics in case you haven't got it: Cruise Critic Message Boards - HMC and Cabanas- Status and locations as of 6/6/04

Thank you Heather :)

So nice to know this before we go :)

Only 5 days to fly, 6 to sail weeeeeeeeeee!

Archived