RCL voyager class vs. Princess grand class

nycqueen

I would appreciate some info on differences on these ships. Even though the ice skating rink and rock climbing wall is something my kids won't care for, it seems that the voyager class is somewhat more family friendly from what I have read. Can anybody help? Princess seems to have better pricing, although the week I am planning the RCL Mariner is going western caribbean and I think I would prefer to do eastern with kids, any helpful info on which itineray is better for families? Thanks.

IMHO- I think the Western side for kids is better then the Eastern side--more to do.

But that being said--I would pick whichever ship had the better itinerary to suit your needs. They are both good choices.

Going NOWHERE
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Miracle, February 13, 2005
Legend, October 22,2004
Voyager August 31,2003
Victory September 22,2002
Regal Empress,June 2001
Sensation,August 2000

Don;t know how old your kids are, but we had a group of 20 last week on Mariner with kids aged 6 - 17. We sailed western. Everyone had a fantastic time! The little ones loed the ship's kids' programs and the older ones never lacked for something to do. As for excursions, yes, there are some that smaller children can't do, but at each western port, there was something for each age group. I've never sailed Princess, so I can't compare, but I can tell you that for the 12 children (again ages 6 - 17) we had on board, they are all ready to go again - NOW!

Cruise addict in the making -scratch that... Officially a Cruise Addict

MOS June 6, 2004
Fantasy Nov. 7, 2002

• 5 weeks later...
We were on the Adventure of the Seas two years ago with my now 15, 16, and 19 year old. Last year we were on the Carnival Conquest. We want to take another cruise this year and have some friends going on the Caribbean Princess. The movie idea sounds fun and unique but realistically how many movies can you watch? My kid loved AOS. The boys-15 and16 stayed on the sports deck practically the whole time and they want to go back on RCCI. I'd love to try Princess but I think having the sports and other activities with the teens is the way to go. If your kids are younger then I don't think it would really matter. The Conquest was ok but it didn't have harly any of the sports that RCCI did-only half a basketball court and 6 balls on the whole ship that had to be signed out for the day so only 6 people a day got to play bb and no one shared or had a pickup game so my boys were disappointed about that. The only thing about the Mariner was that it had 3 "at sea" days on one of it's itinerary as did the Carribbean Princess. This is alot for my kids to keep occupied. The Conquest was western and they had a good time-plenty to do. The AOS was the best with the variety of islands. I'd pick the class of ship then find the itinerary since there are so many voyager class ships.

• 2 weeks later...
Our kids have done two Voyager-class ships (Explorer and Mariner) and one Grand-class ship (Star Princess). Hands down, they vote Voyager-class. Not that they didn't like Princess...it's just that there is so much for the young (and young at heart!) to do on the Voyager-class ships, they will offer something for everyone.

And ditto on the W. Carib. itinerary having a slight edge for families. Grand Cayman and Cozumel are tops for *fun* Caribbean ports. Also, unless you are traveling during storm season when the entire Carib. is unpredictable, the W. Carib. tends to be smoother and warmer.

Have fun choosing! And if you decide to go with Princess in the E. Carib., don't look back...you'll still have a wonderful time!

Archived