Seville, Malaga, Santa Cruz and Lanzarote Canary Island

I've been on holiday to Seville and it's beautiful, one of my favourite European cities. I would guess about 2 hours drive from the coast.

It has a real Spanish atmosphere, and very little English is spoken. Unlike areas of the coast, which are much too touristy.

Don't miss the wonderful Alcazar (Moorish Palace), the Plaza de Espana, and the lovely little local cafes where you can snack on tapas. It's really a city with a great character and beauty .:)

I also fell under the spell of the charm of Seville when we stayed there following a cruise last year. Is your port of call Cadiz for Seville? We thought Cadiz was nice as well, so it will be a tough call for you to choose between the commute into Seville from Cadiz as opposed to enjoying Cadiz for the day. The Alcazar that was mentioned above is near the cathedral, which is also one of the highlights of Seville. From there, you could take a horse & carriage ride that will pass the Plaza de Espana, the Plaza de Americas, etc., and I think that would be feasible for a day tour. There's also a small version of the London Eye that is near the Plaza de Espana, and we enjoyed that. Seville has a number of areas where you can walk around, and it's just lovely.

Have a great trip,

Donna

We hired a driver (his name was Domingos) at the port in Lanzarote a couple of years ago and had a great time. He took us to the highlights of the island: the Cactus Garden, the "Jameos del Agua" (a big cave with little albino crabs in it), the Mirador del Rio lookout point, and the Montanas del Fuego volcano park. We had a wonderful day with him and we were sad when it was over.

Our friends took the ship's tour to Montanas del Fuego, which included a camel ride. They enjoyed it as well.

Have fun!

We hired a driver to take us from Malaga to Granada. I'm glad we did, although I'd been before, but next time I would just rent a car and explore the coast a bit. With the Cadiz for Seville, and Malaga for Granada stops, you might want to choose one to take a big, long excursion, and stay closer for the other. Hard choice, everybody says Cadiz is very nice.

Archived