RCCL Credit Card Rewards

I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem. I accumulated 15,000 royal points with my RCCL credit card. I received my coupon for $150.00 off my upcoming cruise (October on the Liberty), and sent my coupon along to the Crown & Anchor address like the directions said.

That was back on January 15. Since then I've called a few times, asking why the $150.00 still hasn't been applied towards my cruise balance. One person actually told me they didn't know if my coupon was received or not. Today was the last straw when I was told "they have stacks and stacks of coupons to go through and there are only 4 people working on the coupons". I was told not to worry that my coupon would be applied before my cruise. What are the odds that my coupon from January will not be lost before it's credited. I did make a copy before I sent it, but on the back it says photo copies will not be accepted:( and it expires in July.

Help, I know it's useless to keep calling, but I don't know what else to do. Can someone steer me in the right direction. I know customer service has been pretty bad, but this is money I've spent with my credit card and the cruise discount is one of the perks of having the card.

Thanks for listening and for any suggestions.

Mommomporkchop

(Kathy)

I have redeemed many RCCL Visa coupons without a problem. I have a few suggestions for you.

1) Did you book this thru RCCL or a TA? It you booked with a TA, I'd have them give you some help. If you booked with RCCL, why don't you view your reservation online and watch for the discount to be applied.

2) Since your cruise isn't until Oct and the coupon is good till July, I wouldn't fret too much right now. If it were me, I'd probably call once a week or once every other week till you know for sure it's been applied. Although your copy says it's not valid, if the "lose" it for some reason, I would think they would honor your copy.

3) I've never done it, but others recommend sending in the coupons certified so you have proof it was delivered. Next time you might try that as it might give you some peace of mind.

Good luck!

I also sent in a coupon for a $250.00 OBC two weeks ago for our upcoming cruise in April. I called and asked if it had been applied. After giving the rep my booking number, she saw the other OBC's were showing but not my rewards coupon. She told me it could take up to 8 weeks and to call back the end of March.

For some it happens quickly, for others it takes longer. It must depend on the number of coupons received and how many are actually posting the coupons to booking numbers. Since your booking isn't until October, they are most probably handling those with cruises closer in date than yours.

I know that we also have a cruise coming up in September, and when I called to ask if I could send in certificates for each cruise at the same time, I was told to send in the one for April now, but not to send in the one for September until about June.

Don't panic.......it will eventually show up. Just keep checking. Hopefully you made a copy of your certificate before you mailed it.

For 15,000 Royal Caribbean Points you will receive the following......

Upgrade on a 5 or 7-night Caribbean or Mexican Riviera sailing for 2, September–May (interior stateroom to minimum available oceanview stateroom)*

s.gif

$150 USD cruise discount off any ship and itinerarycon_bulletgray_ico.gif

Onboard Grand Romance Package includes champagne, fresh flowers, gourmet appetizers, breakfast for 2 and more

Never Heard of It

A coupon for money off a cruise price.

Um, just because you have never heard of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist! :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting the quote from the website, cruisenfever. You saved me the trouble. ;)

To the OP:

I used one on my recent Splendour cruise. When I called C&A about when to send it in they indicated they preferred after final payment. I was close to the final payment date anyway so went ahead and paid off the cruise before sending in the coupon. It was applied within a week to the credit card I used for final payment. I could also see the credit on my reservation online.

I agree with cruisenfever that since your cruise is so far off they are probably waiting until closer to sail date to apply it.

Just went thru this process myself.

I agree with previous posters: they certainly process certificates by sail date. I had very quick and very efficient service from the 4 employees in that department.

I even made the mistake of NOT CHECKING THE BOX ON THE BACK of the certificate, thus NO INDICATION of how I wanted them applied. They called me and left messages for me. They didn't just pick something for me and hope it was right. VERY NICE. Again, my cruise is in about 4 weeks.

HINT: It was always reccommended to me that you fax them over, then send the originals via mail. I also follow up with an email. Works everytime.

I can tell you that using email seems to work the best.

I also found out one of the four in the department has been out sick for more then a week. Maybe there is a back-log.

I have no doubt you're coupons will be applied!!

Whenever I send my coupons in, I send them priority mail with confirmation receipt. It's $4.55 (USPS price) but worth bring able to track it.

Make sure you make a copy of the coupon, if you call the Crown & Anchor number, they will most likely apply the amount with just the certificate number. ;)

Thank you everyone for your responses. Guess I was a little frustrated yesterday when I posted. Maybe even very anxious for the cruise to be here :D and paid off!

Yes MACOP - there is a $150.00 cruise discount fairy with the RCCL credit card.

I'll just grit my teeth and be patient.

Thanks again everyone, I knew all my friends at CC would help me out.

Mommomporkchop

(Kathy)

If you charge cruises with the RCCL Visa, do you get double points?

Tasha

Any purchase associated with RCI gets you double points.....so your deposit would be doubled and your final payment is doubled. Believe me, your points really add up quickly when you add those double points in.

• 4 weeks later...

This may be a stupid question, but does everyone detach the coupon from the letter? I am always afraid to tear things apart, but I have 16 coupons for OBC and that will make an awfully thick envelope if I have to send the letter that is below the coupon.

TIA!

Another question regarding receiving the coupons...how soon would you recommend asking form them from the credit card company. Our cruise is not until December, however I'm not sure when I should ask for the coupons from MBNA...we just want onboard credit with ours as well.

So, do you experienced cruisers know if we can use a C&A $$$ off coupon with a Visa card OBC reward?

Also, I know the Visa card rewards expire 180 days from issue. Does that mean the cruise has to be booked by then, or sail by then?

Many thanks!

Yes, you can use the C&A savings coupons, you can receive your discount off for a Platnuim or Diamond member if you book a balcony cabin, andif you owns stocks you can receive the OBC for that too.

I had my coupon 125K for free fare for 2 applied in 3 1/2 weeks. Sometimes it takes longer. I'm sure it will be applied before you cruise.

Have a great Cruise!

I sent a coupon for free companion on a Bahamas cruise, and it was credited within a couple of weeks. The cruise is in June, and I sent the coupon in late last month.

I always photocopy both sides of the coupon before I send it in, just in case I have problems.

BTW, for those who look for max "bang for buck" with the coupons, we ended up with over $400 off the Bahamas cruise for 30,000 points. I'd like to save up for the free cruise for 2, but I don't have the patience.

I've had coupons credited to my VISA within 24 hours of recepit and some have taken a month, it all depends. Just make sure make a copy so you have the coupon number!!!

I'd like to save up for the free cruise for 2, but I don't have the patience.

Me too!! ;)

This may be a stupid question, but does everyone detach the coupon from the letter? I am always afraid to tear things apart, but I have 16 coupons for OBC and that will make an awfully thick envelope if I have to send the letter that is below the coupon.

TIA!

Tia, I filled in all the information made copies and then detached the coupon and sent it in.

Another question regarding receiving the coupons...how soon would you recommend asking form them from the credit card company. Our cruise is not until December, however I'm not sure when I should ask for the coupons from MBNA...we just want onboard credit with ours as well.

They process coupons by sailing date. We have a cruise coming up in April........I requested the coupons in January and received them towards the end of the month. I sent them in and they were posted on March 2. Since your cruise isn't until December and the coupons must be used within 6 months of them being issued by Bank of America, I would say that you should request your coupon(s) in July or August. That should be sufficient time for you to receive them, fill them out and mail them in.

If RCI receives a lot of coupons for cruises earlier than yours, those would get posted first. That's why they tell you it can take 6-8 weeks to post to your reservation number. Sometimes, if they are not swamped, it will get posted earlier.

My wife and I just applied for the RCCL visa card. We plan to pay for our first cruise on RCCL with it. The cruise is not until December. If we put the cruise on our credit card will we recieve a credit for this cruise or will they make us wait until we book another cruise. This cruise is costing us almost 4,000. dollars for family of four. Every little credit will help. Any advice?

We use the OBC for points & I got an email that I wasted $250 by getting $250 OBC instead of $500 off cruise rate. Never knew that. Looked at my copy & it doesn't state that.

Very happy with OBC, call in the 5000 to 20000 points to get $50-$200 OBC. The coupon shows within 5 days, then I phone coupons dept at RCI & give them the coupon code & the OBC amount., Then mail in the coupon to Wichita KS. OBC's are always there by day 3 & the correct amount.

Thank you everyone for your responses. Guess I was a little frustrated yesterday when I posted. Maybe even very anxious for the cruise to be here :D and paid off!

Yes MACOP - there is a $150.00 cruise discount fairy with the RCCL credit card.

I'll just grit my teeth and be patient.

Thanks again everyone, I knew all my friends at CC would help me out.

Mommomporkchop

(Kathy)

BlueWaters --

Yes, if you earn points before your December cruise you can use them to get an OBC on your cruise. I would suggest that you start the paperwork at least a month before you cruise... first you contact B of A for the coupon, then you contact RCL to let them know what coupon you have and they will apply it. Then check back to make sure it's been properly applied.

If you can get to 25,000 points before you cruise, and have a balcony, you may be able to get a refund on a part of your cruise fare using the "upgrade" choice instead of the OBC ... I recently did this and saved $500 because it's calculated as the difference between the lowest price balcony and the highest price oceanview. On my cruise that difference was over $300pp, or $600 per cabin, but they limit the discount to $500 per cabin. Still, a great deal.

I booked and paid for my cruise (balcony), ordered the certificate, and received my credit back all within about 3 weeks. I was very happy with the service. The cruise is in April and I did this in February.

Ok, so let me get this straight. If I have enough visa points for $150 off a cabin, that's off the cabin as a whole and not $150 off per passenger, right? So the cabin upgrade saves more, usually, right?

Again, does anyone know about the certificate expiration date--has to be sent in by 180 days or be on the cruise by 180 days?

Can't wait to cruise again!!

Thanks for the info!

Anyone looking for information on exactly what the points get you can find it on the RCI website. Just click on RCI VISA..........it's all there.

And remember, you get double points for anything that is RCI related. So those booking fees and final payments, when doubled, sure do add up quickly.

We use the OBC for points & I got an email that I wasted $250 by getting $250 OBC instead of $500 off cruise rate. Never knew that. Looked at my copy & it doesn't state that.

50,000con_bulletgray_ico.gifFree 3 or 4-night Bahamas or Baja sailing for 2 (Minimum Available Oceanview stateroom)*s.gifcon_bulletgray_ico.gif$500 USD cruise discount off any ship and itinerary

There is a $500 off cruise discount but it is not the same points value as the OBC you chose. You had $250 OBC which would be 25,000 points so you did not waste your points!

Archived