hotel in venice

We stayed at the hotel Antiche Figure, which is about as close to the pier as there is. It is directly across the Grand Canal from the Termini train station and the Vaporetto station. It is near the Ponte Scalzi bridge. It was a very nice clean hotel. The one next door to it is also, very nice. Can't remember the name, maybe Carleton and it is a larger hotel. Most of the hotels do not look like hotels.

jc

I would not stay near the pier...if you are in Venice, see Venice! We stayed nears St Mark's Square and there were about a 100 or so of us that were picked up by a handy, rather inexpensive water bus (near the square) to the pier to board the ship.

Unless you have been to Venice before and have seen it all, would I recommend to stay near the pier.

The prices at St Marks are a lot higher, and it is so easy to get around Venice using the inexpensive Vaporettos. We could get to St Marks in a fun 20 minute ride around the canal from our hotel. Also, restaurants were a lot cheaper in our section of town than those at St Marks. Of course if money is no object....

jc

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but, reasonable and Venice don't go together. It's a pretty expensive place to stay but, it's also one of my very favorite areas of Italy. I was going to recommend the Hotel Danieli, but, be advised, it's isn't reasonably priced.

You might find this website helpful: http://www.veniceworld.com/

Regardless of the hotel you book, enjoy yourself! I'm jealous! :D

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but, reasonable and Venice don't go together. It's a pretty expensive place to stay but, it's also one of my very favorite areas of Italy. I was going to recommend the Hotel Danieli, but, be advised, it's isn't reasonably priced.

You might find this website helpful: http://www.veniceworld.com/

Regardless of the hotel you book, enjoy yourself! I'm jealous! :D

good points.

jc

Hi,

I just returned from a trip to Italy including Venice, Florence, and Rome.

I stayed at a WONDERFUL hotel in Venice called Locanda Orseolo. http://www.locandaorseolo.com/en/

They are literally 40 meters from St Mark's Square and run by the most wonderful people. I am in no way affiliated with them at all but am a huge fan.

Contact me if you need any more info.

Jill in KC

If you are on a tight budget take a look at Best Western Bologna in Mestre. The train station is across the street and only 10 minutes onto the island of Venice. Trains run until 11 pm all day.

We personally stayed at this hotel last year and we were very pleased.

It is reasonable and includes breakfast.

We were on Splendor last fall for the Greek islands and stayed at the Hotel Carleton for a pre-cruise stay. Very clean, typical small European rooms, but we lucked out and had one overlooking the Canal it was across the Grand Canal from the train station with the water bus (cheapest way to travel) right there. Not far from the pier and some good local eateries within walking distance. Travel to St. Marks is about 20 minutes by the water bus. Enjoy Venice it's an experience and wear comfortable shoes!

We were on Splendor last fall for the Greek islands and stayed at the Hotel Carleton for a pre-cruise stay. Very clean, typical small European rooms, but we lucked out and had one overlooking the Canal it was across the Grand Canal from the train station with the water bus (cheapest way to travel) right there. Not far from the pier and some good local eateries within walking distance. Travel to St. Marks is about 20 minutes by the water bus. Enjoy Venice it's an experience and wear comfortable shoes!

Yes, the Antiche Figure is next door toward the Ponte Scalzi bridge.

jc

We are in the Antiche Figure before our Legend cruise in May - good to hear it has a personal recommendation - we had actually booked Locanda Orseleo but they could not accomodate our friends who are visiting Venice with us - but both hotels get rave reviews on TripAdvisor.

I can say for convenience and price the hotel Cavalletto and Doge Orseolo (a BestWestern property) worked well for us . It's located at the Gondola station directly behind St Marks Sq.(i min walk) and has its own taxi stop. We stayed there 5 nites and could have stayed for more....:)

I have stayed at numerous hotels in Venice. Near the ship terminal I highly recommend the Sofitel Venezia- lovely with charm, large airconditioned rooms and big marble bathrooms. It runs about 200 Euros per night. The Santa Chiara is also located near the ship terminal and is nice but they seem to overbook and I had to spend my first night in a different, less convenient hotel.

St. Mark's is a nice place to stay but the rooms are smaller there and more expensive.

I am getting married in September and we will be taking the Brillance cruise on the 11th out of venice!!!

We would also like to stay overnight in Venice the night before the cruise leaves.

The hotel sponsored by royal carribean (that includes transports) is sold out - If we want to find our own accomodation is it easy to find transportation from the airport to hotel?? or from hotel to the ship????

Thanks for all your tips - I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Archived