Celebrity Secrets they usually don't tell you about

dmarch@islc.net

Can anyone tell me where, online, one goes to check that the obc has been credited (as a result of owning RCCL stock). I searched and searched last night but no success. (This will be our first Celebrity cruise since purchasing the stock so I'm a newbie at this.) Thanks!

[quote name='lipping larry']you can change your luggage tags to any color you want at the guest relations desk the last night:mad: of your cruise[/quote]

Why would you want to do this--is there some meaning to the different colors, or is this just for fun?

[quote name='sharpie13']Yes, Celebrity does sell a soda card and yes, they give you the same old insulated cup. Last cruise we had a choice between a coke cup and a diet coke cup. They don't ask that you use the cup, they will be glad to serve the soda in a glass as long as they see the card.

Cheers![/quote]

Is this still the current practice--don't have to use the cup?

[quote name='StknCPA']Why would you want to do this--is there some meaning to the different colors, or is this just for fun?[/quote]

Colors (or colours for our UK friends ;) ) designate the order of debarkation.

[quote name='StknCPA']Is this still the current practice--don't have to use the cup?[/quote]

This is still current. Although they give you the insulated cup, you don't have to haul it around all day. Just show they you card with the sticker on it and they will bring you a drink.

[quote name='StknCPA']So you can change this on the last evening completely at your discretion?[/quote]

Not that I know of. They assign them according to your flight time. Some cruise lines let you off as soon as they clear customs if you're willing to take ALL of your luggage with you. I don't remember if Celebrity does or not but I'm sure someone will respond. Unless you really need to get off I don't recommend it. It turns into a real mess the times I've seen it.

[quote name='MrLee']Not that I know of. They assign them according to your flight time. Some cruise lines let you off as soon as they clear customs if you're willing to take ALL of your luggage with you. I don't remember if Celebrity does or not but I'm sure someone will respond. Unless you really need to get off I don't recommend it. It turns into a real mess the times I've seen it.[/quote]

We had express debarkation on the Century a couple of weeks ago. They limit the number of people that can do that so you have to get your request in quickly. Just after the ship was cleared, we rolled our luggage off the ship.

I'm usually not in a hurry. I like taking my time getting off the ship. Breakfast in the dining room the last morning is nice, and Celebrity, unlike some of the lines we've been on, serves a full breakfast and allows you to keep things in the stateroom until 8:30 or 9am (will give the state room check out time in the last daily newsletter). We usually take advantage of these, then try to wait until a half hour or so after our color has been called - by then it is easy to find our luggage without crawling over other people.

I know that sometimes the only flight option makes things a bit more of a rush, but we sure to like it when we take a more leisurely approach to disembarkation.

• 1 month later...
Have been on the Infinity and constellation and thoroughly enjoyed the indoor pools and hot tubs. Read somewhere that there is now an extra charge for these? Can anyone advise.

Thanks-future Summit cruiser

Hi,:) are you asking about the T-pools? There is no extra charge

on the M class ships. (Unless that policy was changed in the

last 6 months).

I was on Millennium back in December and I wasn't charged.

On the C-class there is a charge except if you are in a Suite

or an Elite Member.

Have been on the Infinity and constellation and thoroughly enjoyed the indoor pools and hot tubs. Read somewhere that there is now an extra charge for these? Can anyone advise.

Thanks-future Summit cruiser

Sailed on the Summit last April and the T - pool area was free. :)

Stanlori

Thanks for taking the time to compile the list. It is appreciated.

We are new to Celebrity-on Mercury. Where is the Waffle bar?

Thanks

Denny, the waffles are beyond the Palm Springs Buffet up on

the lido deck AFT, starboard.

You will find me there as I love those waffles:D

• 2 weeks later...

Home sick today and read this whole thing but didnt see my fav inside tip on the dining room...for some reason ot everyone knows you can eat in the dining room for breakfast and lunch...the food is MUCH better than the buffet. Unless I miss the dining rooms hours I avoid the buffet.....

Another thing is that though they "point" you towards the buffet when you board, the dining room is open and we always head straight there after dropping off our bags..its the BEST way to start a cruise, kick back with a cocktail in the dining room and start enjoying all of the attentive Celebrity service and food straight away!!

And its also the "last" stop as well at the end of the cruise, one last eggs benedicht just before debarking!:D

Archived