Jancruz

aunteemom

I personally stay at the Metropole..a 3 star right on the water in an excellent location..the first time I stayed there several years ago..I accidently left a piece of Murano glass (I had bought) in the room..when I got home 2 days later and emailed them..they had found it and PAID to send it to me here in California..that to me created my loyalty to Metropole..(on top of being a nice hotel)

Jan

LUNA HOTEL BAGLIONI, San Marco, 1243 - 30124 Venice

Tel: +39 041 5289840 Fax: +39 041 5287160

We stayed at this hotel in 2000. It's 5 star, great location (near St. Mark's Square, but not on top of it), lovely room, nice breakfast, friendly service. I just looked at their web site and saw specials available. Not inexpensive, but nothing seems to be with euro exchange rate.

Hope this helps.

I don't consider the Metropole to be a 3 star and as it feels and it is listed as a 4 star. It is in a wonderful position, close to everything. We stayed there last in 2004 and were lucky enought to be upgraded to a front corner room which overlooked the Grand Canal.

Breakfast is great and the staff are excellent. It is a family run hotel. If you want to stay in another first class hotel, then try the Hotel Monaco and Grand Canal which is also in a fabulous position, opposite Harry's Bar. We love the dining room there as it is right on the canal. Having breakfast there each day was incredible, we could have spent hours there just watching the passing parade.

Jennie

RRP - we also have stayed at the Luna for two nights. If we ever return to Venice, that is where we will stay. It wasn't cheap, but it was worth every cent. Is there another hotel in Venice with such decorations and frescoes in the breakfast area? And a room overlooking the Grand Canal? Can't beat it!

Another vote for the Metropole, whcih by the way is not a 3 star but a 4 star( and I would consider it a 4+ star). Greats service, breakfasts and beautiful rooms and bathrooms.

We stayed there last summer for 4 nights. Our family had 3 rooms, one of them a triple, and they were all beautiful.

Archived