Coco Cay

Hi i was wondering about coco cay. Do they have any shopping and if they do do they have the handbags there? Are there plenty of places to lay out? Do you have to rent beach chairs or are they free? Do they have a bar on the island and are the drinks more than on the ship or are they the same price?

Thanks

Heather

There is a "straw market" that is cash only. They sell all kinds of things, handbags, clothing, jewelry - Bahamian type stuff but also underwater cameras and misc. things. No seapass will be accepted. There are more places to lay out than you can imagine - both in the sun and the shade. You'll have no trouble finding a spot. It's free to use the chairs. There is a bar and there is always someone (multiple people) walking around selling frozen drinks. They cost the same as on the ship. You need your seapass to pay for the drinks

Oh my true love...Coco Cay! lol :p

Servers from the ship will be serving you drinks on the island. You can lay out, taking in the sun, and they will bring you a drink..Don't even have to get up! (have your seapass handy)..Drink a couple Coco Loco's for me..THE BEST!!!!!! :D I didn't see any iguanas...

Highly recommend the parasailing, it was a blast and it is just simply beautiful up that high....

We initially walked far around to the LEFT once we got on the island..We found some HUGE conch shells in the shallow water with the critters still inside..The shells were beautiful. Also, HUGE starfish...(Nice to look, but please leave all sealife in its home..;) )

Have a great time..You will really enjoy it..

Oh yeah...I didn't buy anything there...figured I would buy something later or on the ship. I later wished I would have just bought a thing or two..The stuff on the ship is really "royal caribbean-y" with their name/emblem everywhere, etc..

Oh gadzooks-iguanas :eek:!!!! Yikes...I will have to contain myself...the one we saw in Keys came walking across the beach at us, he was at least 3 foot long! I ran to the car while everyone laughed at me. I still here about it! I am not worried about sea critters but the iguanas, um no thank you..lol..I will drink many coco locos as another poster did and perhaps then the iguana will be my friend :p

Anyone been to Cococay in December? I'm going to be there 12/10/07 and afraid it will be too cold to enjoy the beach...:(

Thanks!

It's very unlikely that it will be too cold to enjoy the beach in December. The water will be cooling off but it's a rare cold front that makes it this far before Christmas. It can happen, but not likely. Sometimes we get cool fronts by then but we warm up again rather quickly.

Archived