Mr. Barbados - Help on Tours

Nancois

Mr. Barbados,

Do you have any feedback on Boyce Tours and/or Johnson Tours? I am thinking of booking a private tour with either company, but can't seem to find anyone who has used them. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Boy, are you testing me now! LOL

As you may, or may not know, I am a semi-resident of the island, just there from January through April and we haven't done any tours in many years...But...

...We have a never-ending supply of house-guests/friends/relatives that use our home while we're away on other islands doing business, and they give us their take on the various tours.

That being said, I can tell you a little, but not first-hand experience. So temper my advice.

Johnson is primarily a car rental agency. One of our neighbor's sons is a driver for them (or was a driver for them).

If you want a personal, one-on-one tour of the island with a quality driver and guide, I'd look closely at this company. New, clean vehicles and the drivers are quite a few steps above your average taxi drivers. At least the ones that I've met.

Now, Boyce, I know little about except that about 2-3 years ago we had two guests (at different times) that took a Boyce tour and absolutely loved it.

Mind you, the Boyce tours are on a 25 (?) passenger bus. So it's kind of like a ships' tour and not much personal attention, but lots to see.

Price-wise, I don't know except I'm sure that you'll spend more with Johnson than Boyce, but there's more value.

I went ahead and looked up their websites so you can peruse them.

Hopefully a kind soul will come forth that has used these tour companies and advise us of their worth.

Please find BOYCE HERE.

And, please find JOHNSON HERE.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will do my best to find the answers for you. I apologize for not having discrete answers for you.

My wishes for a wonderful time on the island regardless of the vehicle you choose to discover it. :)

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I emailed both companies and Johnsons answered me the next day, but I am still waiting to hear from Boyce. I thought I read somewhere that Boyce also had private tours. Based on your description, I think we may try Johnsons. Thanks again for your information. We are going in November, so if you should get any additional info, please post. Thanks also for your good wishes!

• 2 weeks later...

We did a private tour with Boyce a couple of years ago and loved it. We started with one of their standard tours and customized it to our own specs. It was great. Our driver was very informative, never tried to push anything on us that we were not interested. We went to a plantation first, and then spent most of our time on the more rugged east coast. We were at the monkey reserve just before feeding time, and then drove back via the west coast.

We made all of our arrangements directly with Listial - he was very prompt in his response. Our guide was Jimmy.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

I had a good friend staying with me during the Crop Over season. She wanted to do a tour so we did a one from Johnsons (since my car was down, i couldn't take her around). It was actually great. Even as a Bajan, I learned a lot from the guy, it was like reminding my how much i luv my home. oh she enjoy it greatly and was impress with island (also with me since i made all the details including a nice luxury car...heh heh)

anyway i did remember the guy telling me that they do all kinds of tours stuff (even offer champaign for you guys coming in on cruise...lucky ;-)

and taxi stuff (i actually call them now, since my car is still down.. bummer ).. not just car rentals as mention above. for that i would try Drive-A-Matic. they have a good reputation here... www.carhire.tv

johnsons: www.johnsonstours.com

For "wanna" coming here... hope you have a great time here!!!! cheers !!!;)

hi BrodyBarb,

thanks a lot. are you from carnival destiny or are u just a big fan :) ! i like this board, and i don't mind helping anyone getting the most of my great land. as i do from other persons when i travel.

Stan

Hi Stan,

No, I'm not from Destiny, we're going cruising on her next wednesday. We've

never cruised before and we're so looking forward to it.

Have you been on her before?

I've been living here in Barbados for just over ten years now. (originally from

the UK).

I've learned so much from this board.

Archived