NCL Spa pass

abbyjude2002

I heard that if you purchase a spa service (massage, facial, etc) you may use the spa facilities free of charge for the rest of the cruise. I intend on getting both a massage and a facial (I have a coupon buy 1 service get one 1/2 off) so I'll find out if this is true.;)

Sailed the Jewell back in December, and we made use of the spa daily, so I'll try to answer some of y'all's questions:

The Jewell's spa has separate men's and women's "sides" (its on the bow) which include locker rooms, showers, toilets, hot/cold plunge pools, wet/dry sauna, and a whirlpool with lounge area.

In the very back of the spa (on the very front of the ship: Great view!) is a unisex, quiet relaxation area with those famous heated "stone" recliner chairs, a refreshment bar (coffee, tea, icewater, fruit), and a special whirlpool (I think its called thallasotherapy, but I may have mangled that) which is a large whirlpool where you recline on a series of rollers inside the tub.

This quiet area is where you can wait before/after the pay spa services, or regular spa clients just go there for naps.

The charge was $15 a day, or $63 for a 7 day cruise, per person (no breaks). I have seen others say those same prices are pro-rated for shorter/longer cruises (do the math).

If you order a spa service, you have access to the full spa for some time before/after the service (that's all). My DD stretched that into 2 hours before AND after, and its not like there's somebody with a punch card checking.

While there were crowded times (esp at-sea days), the spa was one of the most relaxing, secluded spaces on the ship. I used it daily either on the way to or coming back from the gymn. Since I didn't need a robe or locker, I just walked straight in--it did take a day or two for me to "train" the young ladies at the spa reception desk that "no" I didn't need the robe or the locker key, and "no" I didn't need to leave my room card with them. Eventually they got it and just waived hi as a walked by.

I dont recall the age limit, but I am fairly certain there was one. I don't think I saw anyone under 20 in the spa while I was there, except for the ocassional young child coming "to tell Mommy that Daddy was waiting outside.";)

Did I miss any questions?

We cruised the Star last year to Alaska.

Since we had cruised other cruise lines with no charge to use the pool , hot tub or steam rooms etc in the Spa area's on RCI & CCI, I was lets say "Shocked" when I was stopped and ask to pay $12.00 for the use of the hot tub & steam room on the Star per day which I'd only use a hour or more per day.

Then when I went to make an appoitment from the list of Spa Treatment that was listed on NCL's website the people in the Spa had never heard of the treatment I was wanting again I was Shocked.

This time on our cruise to Hawaii on the Pride of Aloha, I have printed out the list they show offered from NCL's website and I'll see how that goes.

Marcy

• 6 years later...

Just got off the Pearl yesterday.

The spa pass was amazing. $150.00 gave you access to the thermal suite for the full week. Whirlpools, warm tile loungers, private relaxation areas, aromatherapy steam room, sauna, jacuzzi jet pools, tropical showers, cold dip pools, personal lockers....and a very limited enrollment.

A brilliant concept that left me feeling totally indulged all week.

The view was also spectacular because it was just above the bridge.

The best value ever!!!! This is the criteria that I will look for whenever I book another cruise. A must do for sure!!!!!!

:)

• 3 months later...

Huh??? If NCL Shoreside is SELLING the cruises they better know what's on the boats. If they don't perhaps they are in the wrong business. If I have someone working for me selling items worth thousands of dollars, they would know everything they could about the product, or at the least, take the person's question and FIND a right answer. Sorry, but simply sitting in Miami and rattling off any old answer (knowing that they're not going to be the one facing the customers later) is not good enough. Not in this day and age of customer service. That's what makes the difference for people today. That's what keeps people coming back to your product.

Just my opinion :confused:

I agree with you but I am also retired from a major hotel chain reservation center and realize not all agents do have all the answers. In the perfect world you would be right, but the world is not perfect.

Does anyone know anything about the Dawn spa and the prices for a spa package?

Have done spa on both Dawn and Star. I believe the cost is in the range of $149.00 for 7-night cruise.

There are separate locker rooms with steam and sauna area. Men's area has hot-cold Japanese plunge pools. Common area includes lap pool, large jacuzzi and thellasso (sic) bed. There is lounging are overlooking the stern of the ship.

Have done spa on both Dawn and Star. I believe the cost is in the range of $149.00 for 7-night cruise.

There are separate locker rooms with steam and sauna area. Men's area has hot-cold Japanese plunge pools. Common area includes lap pool, large jacuzzi and thellasso (sic) bed. There is lounging are overlooking the stern of the ship.

thanks, it sounds like it will be worth checking out. Too bad they don't offer a discount to platinum members. I know they do have discounts for basic spa treatments on port days, but that isn't really what we are looking for.

No heated tile loungers on the dawn? Never used one but sound nice for my sore back.

I was hoping for the same, but I realize it is an older ship so the spa/pool area won't be as jazzy as on the Jewel class and newer ships. I also think the price, $149 for a week, which means maybe a couple hundred for a longer cruise is a little pricy without the bells and whistles: still I think we are going to give it a try, at least use it on a few sea days.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know how long this pool is and is it possible to really do laps in? Also is it possible to buy the spa pass ahead of time before sailing or do you have to buy it on the ship? Thanks in advance for your answers!

Thanks Lady Anna and Sir Troy. I look forward to hearing how you went.

I am on the Panama Canal cruise in October (LA to Miami). I enquired from those that did the PC cruise in April and found out the cost of the thermal suite pass was $250. I am budgeting accordingly as I always get the thermal suite pass on all Jewel class ships. I would assume the price will be about the same for a 16 day (vice 14 or 15 day) cruise.

• 2 months later...
Does anyone know how long this pool is and is it possible to really do laps in? Also is it possible to buy the spa pass ahead of time before sailing or do you have to buy it on the ship? Thanks in advance for your answers!

Unfortunately you can't buy the spa pass in advance. One time we were in a suite and tried to see if we could do so as a suite perk, but could not.

Here is a picture of the lap pool:

9513775078_80994c3eee.jpg

Lap Pool by alrichards4003, on Flickr

As much as I like the heated tile loungers, given a choice them and the lap pool, I prefer the lap pool. The newer ships tend to have the loungers and the older ones (Dawn and Star) have the lap pools.