Service on celebrity has it changed ?

melika091900

I was just wondering if service on celebrity is still good, I know it depends on who you ask, but our 1st cruise was on mercury in 2003 , and out of 4 cruises weve been on ( 3 cruiselines ) nothing compared to the service we had on celebrity,, ex.. cleaning the room everytime we walked out, catering to us, very friendly, welcome champagne, etc etc. im just wondering over the years has anyone noticed changes .? good or bad ? just wanting to know what to expect on our upcoming 14 day hawaii cruise.

also do they still cater to older crowds? no offense to anyone,im just wondering,,

thanks for any info

Melissa

Service on all the cruises I have been on with Celebrity has been excellent and I haven't noticed any fall in onboard standards of care since my first cruise in 2002 (last one was September last year).

As far as catering for an older age group, I've found that itinerary and length of cruise makes a big difference and I guess time of year does too, although I usually cruise in November time. Caribbean for a week was a mixture of ages. Panama Canal for 12 nights, the average age was definitely higher.

Phil

My last two X cruises have suffered from short staffing in several areas which were quite obvious. Guest relations was a real issue. Multiple attempts over the course of the cruise to call the front desk were fruitful and required to a trip to the front desk personally.

Also, on the room steward side, this past cruise on Cetury and the last on Mercury were both not up to previous sailings on Horizon, Infinity, Zenith. We did not receive shampoo, etc. in our CC cabin on Century until the final day of the cruise and had to ask to have our balcony cleaned of construction debris multiple times (one would think that with outside construction taking place on our balcony they would take the time to check the condition) and finally go to the front desk before it was actually done properly. Metal shavings from the pipe being replaced were dragged into the cabin when the balcony was finally cleaned and that resulted in another trip to the desk since the phone rang endlessly.

We had no offers to carry trays at the buffet on Mercury, but did not use it on Century so cannot comment.

Also, our Sommelier on both cruises had far too many tables to allow him to provide good service.

It was apparent to me that staffing had been decreased, affecting the service levels.

I just returned from a cruise on Celebrity's Millenium and I'll have to say I was a bit disappointed with some of the service. In many ways, it fell far shorter than my expectations. While I had excellent service in both the main dining room and during a special dinner at The Olympic, our cabin steward left much to be desired.

More than once, he ignored pages. We had to beg for extra blankets, ice, etc. and our cabin was often not cleaned until late in the day. Additionally, it seemed as if our cabin steward had something against women. I was traveling with my parents and if my father asked for something, he was relatively responsive. If my mother or myself asked for assistance, not only did we not get it, but he was combative and disrespectful. Honestly, by the end of the cruise, he made me quite uncomfortable.

That being said, you'll be traveling on a different ship and of course, my experience could have been unique to the cabin steward to which we were unfortunately assigned.

Archived