Advice on travel from Venice?

jajohnson

We are booked on the Star Princess Med cruise leaving the ship in Venice on November 9. I am looking for suggestions as to whether or not to simply take the Princess air on the 9th or stay an extra day, departing on the 10th. We have been to Venice several times so seeing the city isn't the issue. I am concerned about getting to the airport and the crush at the airport (have never flown into or out of Venice and don't know the airport. Any suggestions? We are flying back to Tampa if that would ave any bearing on your suggestions. Thanks.

Marco Polo airport is very easy to fly into and out of. You might get a bit backed up at the check-in counter but not bad maybe 20 minutes or so. Then you will go through security and then passport control.

Tom

We did the opposite cruise last August (Venice to Rome) and I was totally impressed with the speed of departure and even though there was a line to check in at the airport in Rome it didn't take that long.

You will provide your flight info a few days before the cruise ends and they will time the off loading of the ship by need. Marco Polo is a short drive from Venice, but nothing to really worry about, a taxi would be cheaper than the Princess transfer, but we usually do the transfer for convenience. (I worry more about getting there to start the cruise than about the departing flight).

I'd say if you don't want to stay and enjoy Venice......go on home on the day you arrive in Venice.

If you've never cruised into Venice it is beautiful and breathtaking. Such a different perspective---it was one of our favorite ports to watch as we left.

Archived