Norwegian Star itinerary, ship or port time?

Rock Skipper

I'm doing the Mexican Riviera in late March on the Norwegian Star. I am trying to plan my shore times as the port times are short. Is the ships itinerary based on Mountain Standard Time or, is it based on the time zones (most CST) of the ports of call? Also, the itinerary states, "Disembarkation usually begins 2 hours after docking." Is this a realistic expectation?

Just returned from the Star. We (the ship) moved clocks forward one hour before reaching any ports. Then all ship times corresponded with local port times, EXCEPT Acapulco, which was still an additional hour ahead locally than our ship time.

I saw you were inquiring about the PV excursions on another thread. We found that because of short shore time, you could only do the Vallarta Adventures if you booked through the ship. I'm not sure about the Los Veranos. I emailed the folks at www.PuertoVallartaTours.net and they were very helpful with this information.

Archived