Vancouver Airport To Pier

Taking The Radiance Out Of Vancouver In Sept To Hawaii. We Will Then Fly Back To Vancouver. As We Live In Wash. State We Are Thinking Of Driving To Airport, Leaving Car There And Finding A Way To The Pier. Any Suggestions On How To Get To Pier Or Any Other Ideas On Parking?

It would be helpful to know what pier you are at - do you know? I think the Radiance is actually at Ballantyne for the September sailings.

I know Canada place offers parking - but near Ballyntyne is tough - any other Vancouverites out there have ideas??? It is not in a great area of the city. I would park in Vancouver (downtown core) and taxi to the pier - it will be about CAD $15.00 - 20.00 max. You might also check the Canada boards - grouchy is a local like me and full of good information.

Good luck - I'd offer to let you park at my house, but I'm in the burbs!

Have fun!

Around here a Limo is par with a taxi price. . . I don't even know where you could park for a week unless you stayed at a hotel that would let you. . .(a lot would let you park if you stayed for one night and the price would be about par with parking for a week)

You might try some of the hotels near the airport instead of downtown,(besides, driving downtown is a chore)

Limo service was actually less than cab and a WHOLE lot more comfy!!! Luggage for 4 adults will not fit in a taxi. Our group had 7 suitcases plus each adult had a small carry on bag or backpack. The suitcases (3 were large) all fit in the trunk as well as 2 backpacks. we would have had to get 2 taxis...

so are you on the Sept 25th sailing to hawaii???

vancouver airport has parking for short or long term.

you might want to check http://www.yvr.com they have a great website.

or come a day early and see if you can park at the hotel for free?? I know we've done that several times when we have flown out of Seattle.

Have you registered for the Meet and Mingle ?

Looking forward to meeting everyone that's on the cruise.

Karen P

Yes you can park at the airport. . . but it comes with price. That's why I mentioned the possibility of a hotel stay that will let you park. You arrive more well rested as well.

We parked at the Park'n Fly last summer while we went to Denver for 5 days and it was a $72 bill when we returned. So now we just hire a Limo (even over getting family to drop us off)

But Long term parking is an option. If you go here:

http://www.yvr.com/guide/parking/longterm.asp there is also a coupon for a discount.

We've never used it, but http://www.cruisepark.com/ is available in Vancouver. You drive to their lot (located on the waterfront between Ballantyne and Canada Place), put your bags on their shuttle and they take you to the ship. Wasn't able to see a rate for your particular cruise, but for the 7 day cruises immediately preceeding it's $85 (Cdn); guess it would be about double that for a couple of weeks. They have a toll free number you can call.

Park at the park and fly at yvr get a weekly rate. Take a cab or limo ride to canada place pier. If it mis not rush hour then it should only be about a 20 minute ride from the airport to the pier. Ballantyne peir is only about 2 minutes drive from canada place pier so don't worry about which peir at the moment. I am a surveyor in Vancouver so i know my way around.

Pelletib - we are 4 adults with one suitcase and one carry-on on each departing on Infinity in September. Did you arrange the limo prior to arrival in Vancouver and if so do you have name of company so we can arrange in advance?

How much is the limo?

Thanks for your assistance.

Rita

Park at the park and fly at yvr get a weekly rate. Take a cab or limo ride to canada place pier. If it mis not rush hour then it should only be about a 20 minute ride from the airport to the pier. Ballantyne peir is only about 2 minutes drive from canada place pier so don't worry about which peir at the moment. I am a surveyor in Vancouver so i know my way around.

Methinks the only way to get from Canada Place to Ballantyne in 2 minutes is via helicopter.

It's LimoJetGold. They have a website with info and a info request questionnaire. info@limojetgold.com. They replied immediately. I called that night and booked and paid for the trip from the airport, to the hotel, to the pier and back to the airport. Very professional and the limo rides make that vacation just a little more special. Our friends that traveled with us said they felt like royalty! My DH and I always try to book private conveyances rather than taxis or companies like Super Shuttle. Cost is pretty comparable and it's a much more pleasant ride! It was about the same as a taxi. In retrospect, it would have taken one taxi for each couple, so it was a bargain!!

Methinks the only way to get from Canada Place to Ballantyne in 2 minutes is via helicopter.

I love it! Methinks you are absolutely correct - maybe 15 on a good day. I was keeping it to myself though!

Pelletib - Thanks for the info.

Our group totally agrees with you.

I have just emailed them our info for a quote.

It is a nice way to start off the vacation.

Happy cruising!

Rita

You are most welcome! Even when we cruised out of San Pedro to Mexico, we used a limo service rather than drive the 40 miles, hassle looking for handicapped parking spot or getting our son to take us and pick us up. It was only $10 more than parking there for the week. When the ship docked and we knew we would be off first because of disabilities, we just called dispatch and the limo pulled up about 5 minutes after we exited the baggage area. We figured that we made home before the last group disembarked.

Just drove from canada place to ballantyne peir in 2 and a half minutes so don,t tell me its 15 minutes.

Was it at 2:00 am? It's the drive I do every day to get to work and it's a minimum of 10 min. at that time of day with anything on the road.

Archived