U.S. seniors fight off muggers, killing one (2 threads merged)

bdcbbq

When we were on the Amsterdam in Buenos Aries in 2003, a young thug attempted to steal one of our fellow passengers' wallet and jewelry. The passenger was an older Asian man in his late 60's or early 70's while they were shopping in the downtown. :eek:

Turns out this thug had met his match, I am sure he was glad to be arrested by the time the old man, a black belt in karate, got through with him.:D

I know that the perception in the states is of "old, decriped, seniors" but all the fellow cruisers I am with, have kept up their minds, their bodies, and I would watch for most of them to kick my tail! (age 53)

My dream is to grow up and be like them.

They can stay up later than I, dance like there is no tomorrow, and their enthusiasm for fun is contagious.

Sorry the thug died, but in my humble opinion, "HE ASKED FOR IT".

Linda

DH was once cornered in a Mexican rest room by five local men. Luckily, he had his cane with him and using that as a weapon managed to get out of there. I can tell you we went directly back to the ship. We are much more careful there now.

Good for that beautiful bunch of seniors . God Bless them :)

Do not ever underestimate the power of some of these seniors.

Sorry I can't spare too much sympathy for the creep that got exactly what he deserved. But if things had turned out differently, and he had badly hurt or killed one of those old folks , everyone would be calling for his head on a stick.

This time the good guys won

Good for them! Please tell us where you saw this!

It was in today's Boston Globe. Associated Press had picked up the story so I'm sure it's in most major news publications and on the Internet.

This was one heroic cruiser! ;)

I can see it now ... future shore excursions are now going to include "Assault with Deadly Walker" tutorials and "Hand to Cain Combat" lessons. ;)

Don't laugh Rev,

Those old ladies can be brutal. Have you ever been hit with a purse full of Sweet & Low packets and hard candy *LOL* :) :) :)

Archived